Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 04-11-2013, 02:50 PM   #1  

Default Hi Everyone! :)

Hi!

My name is Kellie. I am a happily married mom of 3 and full time web designer & developer.

I've been teetering on the edge of "ready" and "not ready" for the last few years in regards to my weight. I'm to the point now where I not only need to lose weight (for my own health and well being as well as my family's) but I also want to lose it.

I've allowed myself to balloon out to 330lbs. I'm a compulsive over eater who wants to try to change habits and be successful. I've finally realized that I cannot begin to do this without changing the mental aspect / behavior patterns.

I've been to Weight Watchers a few times without much success. I'm kind of an introvert and prefer smaller - more intimate groups to large ones. So, the large groups of people at weekly meetings were overwhelming to me.

I have to be honest and say that i'm a little overwhelmed with my current weight and every time I start a "weight loss for life" type of plan, I always have a goal in mind of where I should be if I eat x-amount of calories per day and exercise x-amount per day. I get into a routine fairly quickly and unfortunately, if something goes on outside of that routine... I just quit.

I don't want to do that this time so I just need to get it in my head that quitting is not an option.

I'm looking for support and would like to offer it as well.

Last edited by kelmomto3; 04-11-2013 at 02:50 PM.
kelmomto3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 04:09 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 169/159/135

Height: 5' 0''

Kellie,

When we look at the scale and than figure what number we would like to see, it is overwhelming for most of us, so you are not alone there.

Have you decided on a plan? You mention you are uncomfortable with WW meetings, is that something you would rather do at home? Would you rather calorie count? The reason I ask, is because if you read through this forum, you will find many different plans, that people here have used.

You might want to start slowly with making a few changes such as drinking more water, eating more veggies, cutting back on sugar. As far as exercise, maybe just going for a short walk if the weather permits ( I don't know where you live, I'm in the Midwest, and this rain seems like it has been going for 40 days/nights.) Choose mini goals, so that you do not feel overwhelmed or frustrated.

There are so many people here, ready to answer your questions, cheer your successes, help you through the rants ( we all have those days ).

I look forward to reading your posts and seeing your progress.
irish51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 08:24 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

penmage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 02:15 PM   #4  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

Welcome and good luck on your journey!!
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 02:45 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 344/311/140

Height: 5'6

Hi Kellie! What's your goal weight if you have one in mind? I am right in the same lovely big boat as you - I started at 344 lbs last Sunday and have managed to get to 333 this morning.

I kept giving up too, because having a 150+ (200 lbs for me) weight loss goal can be so overwhelming. This time, it's just different for me and I know I won't give up - for 3 reasons

1) I set up mini goals instead of seeing it as 200 lbs to lose. Right now my first goal is to get to 299 lbs. 34 lbs to goal? I got this!

2) I don't deprive myself, and don't overdo my exercise. So many of my past diets were me eating as little as possible and trying to exercise every free moment I got. I eventually crashed and burned and got sucked back into my old habits. Right now I am doing cardio 4-5 days a week and for about 1 hr - 90 minutes a day. I am eating healthy foods but am incorporating things I love. I love ice cream, so I am having a skinny cow or weight watchers ice cream every few days as my treat, and I work it into my calories.

3) I use clothes, activities and my son as inspiration. I'm always thinking of what I'd like to buy myself or what I'd like to try (like ziplining) once I start losing weight. It's something to look forward to and keep the motivation going.

And 4) is just an added bonus - I TALK ABOUT WHAT I'M FEELING. I never before wanted to discuss my weight loss struggles because it was embarrassing especially to those I assume could never understand because they've been fit all their lives. (which could be wrong) but still, it's so nice to come to 3fc and talk about the struggles, the successes, the questions, and get kind, encouraging feedback.

Welcome and congrats on taking the first step. I know you can do it, you'll get there - we both will!
Skettihead03 is offline   Reply With Quote