Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 04-03-2013, 01:28 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 160/160/110

Height: 5'4"

Default New to the site, looking for diet tips and support

My name is Rachel, I'm trying to lose weight but I don't know where to start. I've been through a lot and I tend to eat when i'm upset or stressed. I weigh about 160 and my goal weight is about 110. Does anyone have any tips on work outs, diets, or diet pills that I could use to lose weight quickly?
Rachel314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 07:52 AM   #2  
Updating my software ;)

S/C/G: KGs: 82 / ?? / 55

Height: 5ft

There are many guides and diet plans on this forum that you may want to take a look at and get advice from Because I, unfortunately, don't follow a diet plan or take dietary medication, I cannot help you with that

Rhiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 08:03 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 230/197/170

Height: 5'8"

Hi Rachel,
I started my weight loss journey in Jan. and have since loss close to 30 lbs. by eating at a deficit, counting calories, going low carbs, drinking lots of water, and exercising. I didn't follow a specific diet plan or take diet pills.

There's a lot of information on this site that may be helpful to you.

Good luck with your journey.

Last edited by purplecharm; 04-03-2013 at 08:04 AM.
purplecharm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 08:14 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 160/160/110

Thank you
Rachel314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 02:17 AM   #5  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

Welcome and good luck on your journey!!
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 01:44 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Welcome and good luck!
penmage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 03:28 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 220/160/140?

Hi Rachel, I have been successful using the same strategies as purplecharm. For me, losing weight is about becoming healthy which isn't found in any one diet plan, but an entire lifestyle change. By making healthy choices, drinking lots of water, and working out on a regular basis, you will see the weight loss you're looking for. Good luck!! This forum is full of great tips and lots of support.
searchingforbalance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 05:12 PM   #8  
AmandaLynn

S/C/G: 164 / SIG / 122

Height: 5'3"

Welcome! I have tried many fad diets (technically, I'm doing one now) but I second what everyone else has said -- don't do a diet, cuz diets are temporary, losing weight and getting healthier is a lifestyle change and it becomes your life and it is very hard. There truly is no quick-fix. Right now I'm substituting the Body by Vi shakes for two meals per day and eating healthy, drinking water, & exercising as much as I can. I am right about where you are starting off, so get motivated NOW! You can do this the right way. Honestly, get myfitnesspal app and spend like two days logging EVERYTHING you eat, and you'd be surprised by how many tiny little calories sneak in and put you over a maintenance caloric intake, causing you not to lose weight and even worse -- gain. Counting calories all the way!

One tip I've found is that, as someone who doesn't drink coffee often and never has and is kind of sensitive to caffeine, drinking coffee with Stevia in the morning really boosts my energy, motivates me to get up & work out, etc, with very little calories and then when I start to crash, I have either a shake or a healthy, protein-rich meal. I've lost 4 lbs doing it the old fashioned crap way and its more likely to keep the weight off long-term too

You can do it!
ghostly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 06:27 PM   #9  

Kaitie9399 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 08:18 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 153.6/151.2/120

Height: 5'5

I don't have experience with it yet past today, but I just joined here and I started SlimQuick today. I will say I've been perpetually hungry the past year, with some of it being boredom/comfort eating, and today my appetite has been not nonexistant but seems a little more tolerant than usual. I'm not 100 percent sure if this is the pill, placebo effect, or shortlived, but today I've eaten 985 calories and netted roughly 835 after my exercise. (Don't worry ya'll... not doing starvation diet, just saving some calories for a snack in a bit!)
ashleyford is offline   Reply With Quote