Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-27-2013, 12:50 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 255/235/175

Height: 5'9"

Talking Hiya!

Hiya 3FC members!

I'm Amanda, and I've joined 3FC to hopefully get some encouragement (as well as give) and learn some new techniques to help lose weight, keep it off, and just be healthier all the way around. This is also a way for me to hold myself accountable.

I recently started eating healthier and working out and already feel and see a difference in myself. I've been at it for about a month and a half and have currently lost the big 2-0 pounds! (So excited, YAY!) I've decided to reward myself with a nice haircut, style, and some highlights

I did join a gym, Court's Plus, and although I dread going there sometimes, it gets easier every day. It's crazy how many mirrors are in one gym ... the cardio room, the weight room, the rooms for classes ... gah! For someone who looks in the mirror and hates what she sees, this is literally a nightmare.

But this last month and a half has been amazing for my confidence. Do I like what I see now? NO WAY! But instead of the mirrors hampering me, they are enabling me. Now I can look at every day the reason I'm working out and eating healthy. I am my own motivation! Sounds crazy, but it works for me. And I can honestly say that I have seen small changes in my body in the short time that I've been at this. AND if I happen to miss a day, I can tell a big difference in how I feel, both physically and mentally.

Anywaysss, now that I've rambled for forever and a day lol

Just wanted to say, Hi and feel free to message me anytime!
NC Aries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 03:05 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Hi Amanda! Welcome to 3FC! Congrats on the 20 pounds you've lost so far- that's terrific! Enjoy your hair pampering
penmage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 04:03 PM   #3  
NeNe

S/C/G: 200/187/165

Height: 5'6"

Welcome, Amanda!! I am so glad you found us and joined in. Congrats on the 20 lb. weight loss so quickly. I agree with you about exercise and how it makes us feel both physically and mentally. Due to a severe back injury in 2008, my exercise has to be done in the pool. I am blessed that our county has a water park with a therapy pool that is maintained at a constant 90 degrees year round. In the winter, they cover it with a large air dome so I go there and work out 3 days per week. I feel like a new person when I get done with my exercises. If I miss even one of those 3 days, I feel so stove up that I can't hardly move.

Blessings,
firegirl441 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 09:34 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 255/235/175

Height: 5'9"

Thumbs up

Oh that's great that you have the water therapy available to you Firegirl!!
I tried a couple water zumba classes and an aqua fit camp class. They were amazing. Super low impact but it really works your muscles. The trainers said that you actually burn twice as much calories in the water as what you would do outside of it.

A lady that goes every day, Ms. Carol, recently had knee surgery and she swears by it. She is three times my age but I can almost guarantee she is in much better shape, minus the knee surgery, lol.

Thank you both, Firegirl and penmage for the congrats!

I did end up getting my hair done, it took 4 HOURS!?! LoL I remembered why I rarely do it now. But I love it, so it is worth it. When you aren't used to spending money "frivolously"on yourself, it feels weird but nice when you are able to.
NC Aries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 03:44 PM   #5  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

Welcome and good luck on your journey!!
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 05:11 PM   #6  
NeNe

S/C/G: 200/187/165

Height: 5'6"

I am proud to see you have met 3 of your goals already!!! Keep up the good work.
firegirl441 is offline   Reply With Quote