3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Introductions (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/introductions-8/)
-   -   Can I do this? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/introductions/278290-can-i-do.html)

JustB1027 03-24-2013 02:07 AM

Can I do this?

I am new to this site. I am 31 years old and I heard about the site from a Womans World magazine. I need to lose a lot of weight. I just do not now where to start. Or how to start. I have tried lots of diets and diet plans in the past none have worked. I have tried excersing and drinking lots of water and just everything I could think of with lackluster results. I hope this helps. I hope this can work.

mrslabolton 03-24-2013 02:14 AM

We're in the same boat!!! I'm new here tonight as well!! And yes, you CAN do it!!!!

thinkfit 03-24-2013 02:14 AM

Yes, you can absolutely do this! 3FC is packed with tons of valuable information, tips, ideas, and best of all, support. Get as involved as you can and you'll absolutely love it here. Welcome! :)

JustB1027 03-24-2013 02:36 AM

I am signing up for Weight Watchers Online right now!

Changergirl 03-24-2013 03:05 AM

Hi to both of you. Good job in taking the first step and signing up!! This place is absolutely fabulous, there is a ton of information and people willing to help you out. It also helps keep me motivated.

My biggest piece of advice at this point is just stick to it. I've always given up on diets in the past but I refuse to this time. If you are eating healthy and stick to it, you will lose weight.

Good luck.

Misti in Seattle 03-24-2013 06:40 AM

:welcome3: to both of you!

YES! You can to it. A lot of us are doing it, and you can be among the ones doing it!

Garnet2727 03-24-2013 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustB1027 (Post 4679873)
I am signing up for Weight Watchers Online right now!

Sweet! I've been in WW Online since January 2012. It was the first thing that really worked for me.

JustB1027 03-24-2013 11:04 AM

Thanks everyone! I really appreciate the support. I am not telling my friends or family because I do not need/want their oh so helpful "advice and tips"! So I appreciate all the advice and tips from people that really are going through the same struggles or have already overcome the struggles!

elvislover324 03-24-2013 11:08 AM

Good luck!!!

3FC has changed my life and I hope you love it as much as I do!!! I'd be lost without the support from these men and women every single day!!!

And I agree with you Justb, I told no one in my family about my diet plans and progress. Sure surprised them the last time I saw them! Got the question "What'd you lose, about 100lbs?" and I just smirked. :) I didn't need anyone's help or "monitoring" except for my 3FC friends!

Campana 03-24-2013 11:26 AM

Welcome to the forum JustB I am glad you joined this forum I am in the same boat as you I haven't told anyone (just hubby) about my plans. I don't want the same comments as I have gotten before. How many pounds do you have to loose I am aiming for 55 lbs by December.

JustB1027 03-24-2013 12:02 PM

Right now I am just aiming to get to 290. I am at 311. I do not have a particular time frame. I am hoping to lose about 2 pounds a week. I also set up the wii and wii fit last night. It says a healthy weight for me is about 133 that is too overwhelming to think about so I am just starting with small goals.

JustB1027 03-24-2013 12:03 PM

I also have all of the WW apps on my phone so I have it with me all the time!

Garnet2727 03-24-2013 12:16 PM

I use the WW app quite a bit when I travel for business. It makes it a lot easier to track my food, even if I'm stuck in an airport for a while.

JustB1027 03-24-2013 12:46 PM

I love the scanner and food tracker. I wish there was an easier way to look up foods.

daddysonlygirl2 03-24-2013 05:11 PM

Yes you can do it JustB! I am a firm believer in WW. I have never done WW on-line, but I recently rejoined WW. I lost 30 pounds on it last year, but gained it all back and then some when I quit going to meetings. Sounds like you and I are in about the same position. I was at 300.6 pounds 2 weeks ago when I started Weight Watchers again and am currently at 294.2. I also have a Wii Fit, but haven't used it much yet. I agree with setting small goals as the ultimate goal seems too overwhelming. I am confident that we can do it. We just need to keep putting one foot in front of the other and continue to move forward and make healthier choices.