Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-19-2013, 05:56 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 279/279/200

Height: 5 foot 6 inches

Default Hello trying to get back on track !!

Hi everyone 38 eight year old fattie trying to get back on track here !!! I know that is a bad word but guess what I am fat plain and simple the truth may hurt but lets not sugar coat it !! I weigh 279 pounds and I am only 5 foot 6 inchs tall. Been trying to lose weight for 20 years and no I never did lose the weight I gained with all 3 pregnancies !! Came close a couple of times and then it creeped back on and then low and behold I was fatter than ever !! I blame alot of problems on boredom, Stress , Hate to excercise and I love to eat !! And now that I am getting older it seems I have to work even harder to try and lose this weight and that gets so frustrating and then I quit !! I hate been a quitter !! I have always told my girls once you start something you have to finish it no matter what well shoot look I can not even take my own advice so here I am trying to lose for the millionth time and hope I have the determination and will power to do it this time around before it is to late !!! Hoping to make a few friends to stay motivated and keep me on track !!! Did I mention I was a stay at home Mom !!! So for me there should be no excuses !!! Nice to meet you all !
VedaSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 06:38 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 310/*look*/140

Height: 5'9

Hi Vedasue! I'm new here too.
I've always owned the word Fat, lol, I am what I am!
I too have "failed" myself about a million times too, and I know the feeling.
Commitment is a funny thing isn't it!?
This round I've lost 20 lbs, and I am going to keep getting back on this horse no matter how many times I fall off!
I have two children myself.
We CAN do this, we didn't put it all on in a couple months, and unfortunately it's not going to come off that fast either!
One thing that has helped me alot over the past two months is just allowing myself two "freebie" meals a week. I eat very healthy, mostly vegetarian, low fat foods the rest of the week. Any cravings me or my husband have we just say, "Save it for Saturday!"
Believe in yourself!
I'm still getting used to using this forum, but I'll try to check back in with you!
Lecomtes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 07:06 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 270/266/160

Hello Vedasue & Lecomtes: I can relate oh to well! I've been doing this for almost 30 yrs! Yykes!!!!! So I beat you. I'm hoping to meet folks that are as desperate as I am to loose this weight once and for all. I've been thinking about gastric surgery. I know it works for a lot of people and good for you. But I really don't want to do that. I'm so scared. So, maybe we can help each other to finally end this nightmare! I want to be THIN!!!
Snowtopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 11:28 PM   #4  
NeNe

S/C/G: 200/187/165

Height: 5'6"

Welcome to all of you! Glad you joined us.

VedaSue,

As you read this forum, you will find most of us deal with the same weight loss issues as you do so feel right at home here. You aren't saying anything we have said or thought many times before. You have come to a great place to find the encouragement, education and motivation here to reach your weight loss goal. I would recommend you start in baby steps and set small mini-goals that are attainable. These mini-goals add up to many lbs lost. Some make their goals 5 lbs and other 10. Do whatever is comfortable for you. Are you thinking of adding any exercise? What do you have in mind? Are you drinking any water? My doc recommended to me back in 2006 to drink 100 ounces of water per day until I got below 200 lbs then to drink 1/2 my weight in water. That really helped me lose a great deal of weight back then. I am trying that again. Can't wait to "hear" more about your plans. Blessings,
firegirl441 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 11:43 PM   #5  

Hi all !!!! Thanks so much for replying you do not know how much that means !! I have joined forums like this before and no one replies and have given up on them until I ran across this one !! And figured what the heck !!! Lecomtas I also did the partail vegan as well but I am afraid that with Hubby being in very excellent shape ( He works construction and not one of those with a beer gut !) protein definately has to be on the menu !! Sometimes I am amazed he is even attracted to me considering our weight differences I maybe shorter than him but definately wider than Him !!! So I need a menu that works for the whole family which is half and half !! I was thinking about Weight Watchers but tried the meetings and I am afraid that was a very big mistake I did not relate with anyone !!! I joined Curves and that worked until I could not afford the memebership and then when I could afford it the gym near me closed down !! I am in an area that is limited for anything !!! Hubby baught me a treadmill (bless his heart) but shoot it seems like I just do not have the motivation to use it !! But you know what after reading a few posts on here what the heck do I have to lose !!! A few minutes of my day !!!! Snowtopper Oh hun I want to be thin to !!!!!! But my daughter told me thin mom really wouldnt it be better to be healthy !!!! I am afraid she is right I would love for my joints in my hips to quit hurting as well as my feet !!! Never thaught about surgery but for me and my opinion I do not thinks so as well !! If I can not do it the right way then it is not worth it !!! Nice to meet both of you all and hoping to hear from you all again !!!
Old 03-19-2013, 11:55 PM   #6  

Thanks so much for replying !!! I do walk on my treadmill hubby has gotten me for 30 mins a day but doing that most days has been a struggle !! It is so overwhelming somedays !!! I think about how much I have to lose and then think about how fit I was before I had children and I feel so ashamed how far I let myself go !! And I know it did not happen overnight and a few years back before I went through a very stressful situation that almost put me in a mental Hospital I was almost there but now I am not sure how in the heck I got the motivation to lose all that weight before which is so fustrating !!! So I keep going hoping I will do it this time !! But do not have much support at home like I said Hubby is in excellent shape and he can not understand at all !!! Thanks again and will try what you have suggested !!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by firegirl441 View Post
Welcome to all of you! Glad you joined us.

VedaSue,

As you read this forum, you will find most of us deal with the same weight loss issues as you do so feel right at home here. You aren't saying anything we have said or thought many times before. You have come to a great place to find the encouragement, education and motivation here to reach your weight loss goal. I would recommend you start in baby steps and set small mini-goals that are attainable. These mini-goals add up to many lbs lost. Some make their goals 5 lbs and other 10. Do whatever is comfortable for you. Are you thinking of adding any exercise? What do you have in mind? Are you drinking any water? My doc recommended to me back in 2006 to drink 100 ounces of water per day until I got below 200 lbs then to drink 1/2 my weight in water. That really helped me lose a great deal of weight back then. I am trying that again. Can't wait to "hear" more about your plans. Blessings,
Old 03-20-2013, 06:16 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 270/266/160

Thanks for the welcome. I'm doing ww myself right now. I have an app on my kindle and it works great for me. I'm doing some walking and stationary bike for now. Until the snow flies then my regular bicycle. This week i've been really watching what I eat. It seems to be working. Can't wait till it warms up a bit here.
Snowtopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 09:47 PM   #8  

I just may try WW again !! I can do it at home now on the computer and that is awesome since I live in the middle of no where !! I have been walking on my treadmill and doing a Weight Training DVD as well. I also want to incorporate some Flexibility or Yoga I hear those are really beneficial as well. But not sure about a DVD to use . A Beginner one for sure !! Yes Warm weather would be so nice ! I can not wait to get started on my garden !!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowtopper View Post
Thanks for the welcome. I'm doing ww myself right now. I have an app on my kindle and it works great for me. I'm doing some walking and stationary bike for now. Until the snow flies then my regular bicycle. This week i've been really watching what I eat. It seems to be working. Can't wait till it warms up a bit here.
Old 03-21-2013, 09:55 PM   #9  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

Welcome and good luck on your journey!!
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 07:40 AM   #10  

Height: 5'8.5"

Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote