Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-18-2013, 07:17 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 310/310/140

Height: 5'7

Default Hello, I need to make a change

Hi! My name is Ana, I just turned 19, I'm 5'7 and weight about 310 pounds.

I've graduated high school, and staying at home. I've been overweight my entire life, ever since I was a baby, I was chubby, but once I reached high school it all went downhill. I gained so much weight during those years, and I never really did anything and didn't understand why b/c my parents never allowed me to have junk food/fast food or anything bad.

It was October of last year that I was finally diagnosed with PCOS(and in danger of getting diabetes), the years I was in high school I knew something was wrong(I had many symptoms of PCOS when I first learned about it) with me but I couldn't figure out what, until a doctor told me about PCOS and I decided to get tested for it.

After I was diagnosed, my doctor told me I needed to lose the weight. I joined weight watchers with a few of my aunts and cousins. I started eating right and exercising and I was loosing about 1-2 pounds(sometimes even 4 or 5) a week, which is pretty good. I only lasted about 2 months, then I started loosing motivation and stopped eating right and exercising, and I gained back the weight(and possibly more). I later quit weight watchers b/c it was being a waste of money if I wasn't doing anything.

I even stopped taking medication for my PCOS, and it's been a few months now. I really hate that i've done this to myself, my body feels really ugly and I have no self-confidence or self-esteem, I don't have any motivation at all. I want to start losing weight again, I want to start eating healthy again, and I am so very tired of my parents constantly making fun of me, mocking me and calling me names b/c of who I am and how I look. It really saddens me and frustrates me.

So I joined this website, hoping to get some motivation and make new friends who are in the same page as me, and hopefully start eating healthy and exercising again and start a-new.

Thank you for reading, I hope we can become friends and start this journey together. ^_^

Please leave any tips on how I could get starting again! I would really appreciate it. <3
AlotikaWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 01:56 PM   #2  
Starting over

S/C/G: 195/185/140

Height: 5'3"

Hi Ana!
Welcome to the boards. I'm new here too, but not new to PCOS.
In the pcos area there's a thread about the insulin resistance diet. Have you read that one? (I need to check it out again)
Sorry your family is being cruel. Hugs.
See you around the boards!
veggiedawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 02:36 PM   #3  
Sue finding inner song

S/C/G: 313.4/298.2/160

Height: 5' 4" 3/4

to you!

I wish you a happy journey to being healthy ))
wannaskipandlaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 02:25 PM   #4  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

Welcome and good luck on your journey!!!
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 03:56 PM   #5  
NeNe

S/C/G: 200/187/165

Height: 5'6"

Welcome. Ana! I am so glad you joined us. If you read from the other threads and participate you will find the motivation you need to be successful in your weight loss journey. I encourage you to ignore what others say about you and concentrate on changing for yourself. They don't matter. You won't be successful unless you change for you! I am so sad for you that your parents are not supportive of you. I am proud of you and your decision to start again on this lifetime journey that you are about to embark on. I am 48 years old and have found being overweight all of my life so I can tell you it is a lifetime of work to keep yourself healthy. It will be work it. I think you should start with mini-goals. Say a goal of 10 pounds. Work to achieve that goal then make another goal of 10 pounds until the weight really starts falling off. Small goals are realistic where your goal of 140 lbs seems sooooo far off. Finally, from my medical background, I would say you should start your meds back if your doctor prescribed them. If they don't seem to help, go back for a follow-up visit and discuss it with him/her. Best of luck to you. Blessings,
firegirl441 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 05:30 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 310/*look*/140

Height: 5'9

Smile Hi Ana!

Hello Ana! I'm new to 3 fat chicks too. I am 24 and I currently weight 280. December 31st I weight 310. I was a chubby baby too, and my weight also escalated in HS and after having children. When I finished HS I had NO self respect or esteem, I got into any addiction that would temporarily distract me from my self hatred, drugs, men, drinking, over-eating. I simply did not care if I lived or died and figured I may as well eat what I want along the way.
Since that time my life has changed a lot, for the better. I've learned that NO ONE, regardless of how thin/beautiful they might be is perfect. We are ALL works in progress. People that struggle with weight simply have a more visible vice than others. Beyond that, people who grow up big tend to be more kind and caring people because of the experiences they have suffered, and we all know the world could use more kindness!
Now I am a Junior in college, an honor student, a mother of two, and very happily in love. I'm far from perfect and far from skinny, but I try to accept myself and recognize my positive traits while continuing to improve my health.
Stick with it, each day is a new day! If we slip up for a meal or two, we have to practice reminding ourselves to get back on track. It's alright to make mistakes, we all mess up occasionally! It has really been helping me lately to plan out what I am going to make for my meals in advance.
Lecomtes is offline   Reply With Quote