Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-17-2013, 02:17 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 248/225/165

Height: 5'9/5'8/....

Talking been there, struggling to return, MOJO needed!!!

Its the same ole story/excuse. I used to be active and have pushed myself to my goals, but I now seem to be drained. I used to teach, but now I need to be taught. Whew they say admitting it is the first step. I need someone to help me motivate me. I am a nurse, mother, friend...basically a giver. If you are the same then maybe we can use our weakness to help motivate each other back to being our BEST. I guess I hit my lowest point when I had a year to get in shape for my daughters wedding and lost a whopping 26 pounds. I was disappointed in myself and let that go against me and pull me down to waller in the "who cares pit of doom."

NO MORE..... In my past I have lost 73 pounds in 3 months with nothing but excessive exercise and kept it off for 8 years.......but i was 24. Now, Im 48 soon to be 49 and I want to be at my best for 50. i am slowly changing the way I eat and need support to just take the 2nd,3rd,4th... and continuing the steps it takes.

I am looking to support and be supportive. I am new to this and looking for a great mix of support. I am looking for all options, advise, humour, tears, whatever it TAKES.
memeyerc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 03:41 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 185/183/145

Height: 5'7"

Welcome to 3FC!

I used to go up and down between 20-30 pounds. Now, as I get older, I just react to stress differently and it all adds up to more weight. So, i hear ya. It sounds like we have similar goals.

What is your weight loss plan?
coffeeshopgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 04:00 PM   #3  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

Welcome and good luck on your journey!!
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 10:03 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 248/225/165

Height: 5'9/5'8/....

Cool

Thank you to Mozzy and coffeshopgirl. my focus at this point is to make better food choices, start walking, and using the gym membership i pay for
:-p

I am here to learn from those who have walked in these shoes before me and open to advise and help.
memeyerc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 04:31 PM   #5  
NeNe

S/C/G: 200/187/165

Height: 5'6"

Welcome! I am the same age as you and have identical goals. I am disabled due to a back injury as a Paramedic and diabetic neuropathy. I lose 86 lbs back in 2006 when I was diagnosed a diabetic. I kept most of it off untill 2008 when I was injured. I got back over 200 lbs at the end of next year. My sugars started climbing again and I realized that I had to get my health back under control. I now exercise in the county pool and I look forward to my days of exercising. Maybe we can be buddies to get this weight off. It takes a lot of motivation to keep me at it. Blessings,
firegirl441 is offline   Reply With Quote