Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-16-2013, 08:12 PM   #1  
Staying Positive

S/C/G: 164/166/120

Height: 5'4

Default Yes, I'm new and going to try again

Hi everyone. I am also new to this wonderful online resource and hope to be able to stay motivated and get healthy.

I am almost 41 and married for about 18 years with 8 year old twin girls.

I grew up as an only child who pretty much took care of myself as my mom was single and worked 2 jobs constantly to keep us a float. I was unfortunately allowed to eat whatever I want and drink all the soda I wanted. I was super skinny though and never had an issue with weight (was actually underweight) until I reached about 30. I wore Size 0 literally in all my suits and clothes until then. Never exercised and never had to watch what I ate and ate terribly.

It started slowly catching up with me and little by little I gained weight. At first, not big deal, but by the time I got pregnant with my twins, it ballooned. And it's never stopped. I don't know how to eat right and I still hate exercise. I do make my kids eat better than I ever did and they are never allowed to drink soda, but I still do (and a lot) and yes, I know such a hypocrit, but I don't want them to be unhealthy.

Lately, I have started having minor health scares and I've also noticed starting to feel out of breath over nothing, so I know I've got to do something. So, I am reading everything I can on healthier eating and hope to change a little each day and cut out the soda and become the wonderful example from the inside out that I can be for my children.

Thanks for being here and I look forward to getting to know everyone!
Winnie72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 08:20 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 174/145.6/130-117

Height: 5feet1

Hi Winnie! You are doing a great thing for yourself. You are gonna impress yourself and your family. Your idea of making gradual changes is good. Try tracking what you eat, how many calories, on an average day so you know your starting point.

Welcome and good vibes to you!
Fluffypuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 08:44 PM   #3  
Sue finding inner song

S/C/G: 313.4/298.2/160

Height: 5' 4" 3/4

to you Winnie...

Have found a healthy eating plan that you can follow? Truly at first you really don't need to exercise, but I have to say once you do start exercising you just feel better to. I wish you luck on your journey and try keeping track of what you are eating and count the calories... see how you can cut some out. That might be a good start. There are so many threads on this forum about different ways of eating that you can learn about too.

See you around this great place!
wannaskipandlaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 05:01 AM   #4  

Height: 5'8.5"

Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 02:03 PM   #5  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

Welcome and good luck on your journey!!
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote