Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-16-2013, 04:38 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 301/299/220

Height: 5'5"

Red face Help!?! (Go Lakers!)

Hey Everyone, My name is Michelle Maldonado, I am married and have 3 young kids, I live in Northern Cali, and am a Full-Time student. This is my first Thread Introduction.....i have NO idea how to post a thread or reply to threads, im totally new to this stuff so bare with me. My husband laughs at me because he's on threads/blogs/forums all the time on bodybuilding.com and other cites like that. See....My husband is very fit/active! He works out EVERY day, he drinks pre-workouts, protein drinks, multi-vitamins, supplements, the WHOLE 9 yards okay!? But me?....I always say im going to start dieting but i dont. My whole life i was skinny (140lbs) give or take but in 3 years i have gained 160lbs! Yes i do have 3 kids but i have NEVER changed my diet! Why all this weight gain? Well my present issue is that i have been dieting for 5 days straight but i GAINED 2 lbs. I have so many exercise equipment options here in my house but NONE work for me. My husband has a squat rack in the back, Bench Press, Leg Raise Machine, Elyptical, NICE Treadmil, yoga ball, medecine ball, Free Weights, barbells, i mean EVERYTHING! We even have a pool which i DO swim in but doesnt help but none i mean NONE of these things work for me. I do have 3 kids, and go to school full time, but i try to workout and am very goal orientated, but i cant because when i jump on a machine it creaks and cracks and feels like its going to break. My biggest OMG moment is that after all these years for the first time in my life i hit over 300lbs. Well 301lbs to be exact and i freaked out. I pull off my weight VERY well. No one believes i weigh what i do. But im scared im falling behind and my husbands moving so far forward. He's been dieting/working out for 5 years! STRAIGHT! I eat what my kids eat, and play when my kids do. Dont get me wrong i know how to and i love to cook. And i cook very healthy. And no i never eat pre-made processed foods. And still? UGH But now theres no more excuses. I NEED to lose weight, i have tried EVERY diet supplement even pure Ephedrine that i got from Istanbol Turkey, nothing works! I recently started my diet which isnt as much of a diet as it is a calorie restriction, (1,640) cals per day. Mind you i am 298lbs so i think thats an okay amount to lose weight isnt it? But why do i keep gaining weight? When i workout my back hurts, my left knee(have knee problems) hurts, i get way out of breath way too fast, and i freak out and am like omg this is so hard im done. I need advice! What do i do! I dont want to loose 4lbs a month. I want weight loss MUCH faster. Trust me i know its not exactly "healthy" but i KNOW its possible and i want to drop 80lbs in 5 months. Thats just my dream goal for now. That not asking too much, Its only like 17lbs a month or something. I see people loose 20lbs in 20 days! What am i doing wrong?
mmaldonado22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 09:53 AM   #2  
Sue finding inner song

S/C/G: 313.4/298.2/160

Height: 5' 4" 3/4

to you!

Boy you have all the equipment for strengthing and building muscles... I am jealous. But (as you will read in these threads) exercise does not really make you lose weight at least not the majority of the weight you want to lose. You and I are around the same height/weight (Tho I am ALOT older). It is the diet and what you eat that affects your weight loss. You need to really track what you eat. Every morsel of food that you eat off your kids plate etc. Try and find a plan that will help you shed lbs. Maybe you cannot eat Wheat, maybe low carb, maybe need to eat less calories (I'm am around 1300 a day). But track what you are eating in a journal and really see what is going on. Then tweek from there.

YOU can do it! You really can. 17lbs a month might be a bit much to expect a month, but people have (maybe with shots??) and usually the first month of every diet people lose more as its water weight. Doctors agree that 1 1/2-3 lbs a week should be a healthy lose of weight. Just a note.

Hope to see your threads with your great news! Remember you can always ask for help here in this forum. That is why this place is AWESOME!

Last edited by wannaskipandlaugh; 03-16-2013 at 09:54 AM.
wannaskipandlaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 11:06 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 301/299/220

Question Question

How long did it take you to go from 306 to 280?
And thanks for the advice!!!
mmaldonado22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 11:23 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 210/175.3/TBD

Height: 5'2

I think you should try your current plan (and make sure you are measuring out the portions and accounting for everything you put in your mouth) and avoid any supplements like ephedrine. See where you are at the end of the week. If you are not losing anything, I would talk to your doctor...maybe there is a medical barrier you are dealing with. Regardless, maybe you should talk to your doctor- that is a good think to do before starting an exercise program, and doctors may have advice to optimize your weight loss

(If you have been gaining despite eating healthy and not eating more than you were when you were thin, that would be very frustrating. Maybe there is a medical reason...alternatively, maybe you have been eating more calories than you realize)

Last edited by straightahead; 03-16-2013 at 11:26 PM.
straightahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 02:09 PM   #5  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Welcome and good luck on your journey!!
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote