Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-14-2013, 07:14 PM   #1  
Updating my software ;)

S/C/G: KGs: 82 / ?? / 55

Height: 5ft

Smile Hello everybody!

Hello Just wanted to pop in and introduce myself.

We are all here for the same reason, which is fantastic because there doesn't seem to be a support group in my area (in New Zealand). I found out a few weeks ago that I have PCOS and I've been [trying to] lose weight since the beginning of this year. Alas, I've lost 4kgs (8.8 lbs) in 2.5 months and my goal is to lose up to 6kgs (13lbs) per 3 months. (Am I being unreasonable?) I thought that I would have lost more, especially now I'm eating heaps of fruits and vege and exercising 4 times a week. So, I thought I'd find somewhere I could get great advice and support, since my motivation and enthusiasm are decreasing with every kg I don't lose.

Anyway I'll find the appropriate forum topics and get great advice from there.

Hope you all have a lovely day!

Edit: P.S. Where do you get those weight graphs for the signature?

Last edited by Rhiko; 03-14-2013 at 07:16 PM. Reason: Learning
Rhiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 07:36 PM   #2  
Restart 11/2012 at 153lbs

S/C/G: Hw194/Sw160/Cw120/gw125

Height: 5'2" on the dot!

20 days 20 posts and the graph will be available to u. Welcome! Don't be discouraged by your progress, after all the weight didn't come on over night. I think 2 lbs a week is a good goal, losing to fast will give u a lot of lose skin and u may re gain it too. I average 2 lbs a week and have lost around 60 over 11 weeks before but regained it cause my eating and exercise routine was just not something I could sustain for life. It helped me immensely to come here daily, hope u keep coming back and making positive changes
chubbiegurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 07:38 PM   #3  
Weight Shedder

S/C/G: Big/not as big/165

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Welcome!
amilli79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 10:54 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 96/83.2/75

Height: 5'7"/170cm

Hi Rhiko. Congrats so far and good luck.

You've done well so far, even if you thought you would lose more to begin with. Are you tracking your food? I find knowing exactly how much I'm eating has really helped me out. I currently use myfitnesspal.com and they'll tell you how many calories you should be eating and then you can track daily.
Changergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 12:19 AM   #5  
Updating my software ;)

S/C/G: KGs: 82 / ?? / 55

Height: 5ft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Changergirl View Post
Hi Rhiko. Congrats so far and good luck.

You've done well so far, even if you thought you would lose more to begin with. Are you tracking your food? I find knowing exactly how much I'm eating has really helped me out. I currently use myfitnesspal.com and they'll tell you how many calories you should be eating and then you can track daily.
Yeah, I keep track of my daily activities in a diary and I write down what I eat and how much I exercise. I only worry that I'm not losing enough, fast enough. I'm impatient and I don't want to feel I'm wasting my time and energy. I know I'm not, but sometimes it feels like I am
Rhiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 12:23 AM   #6  
I got this

S/C/G: 206/162/135

Height: a little over 5'2

Welcome!!! I understand about the being impatient part. Wouldn't it be nice to wake up and be the weight you already want to be? Heh. You seem to be doing great so far! Keep it up.
amandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 02:59 PM   #7  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

Welcome and good luck on your journey!!
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote