Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-11-2013, 01:35 AM   #1  
Awesome

S/C/G: 231/see ticker/120

Height: 5'5

Default A long time coming.

Hi Everyone,

I have been a member of 3FC since last year, but to be honest haven't taken my weightloss journey seriously until now. That is not to say losing weight hasnt been a huge focus on my life, but that I haven't really done anything significant about it.

This year I hit 100kg, the highest weight I have ever been. Along with this came lovely red stretchmarks on my stomach, something that has been devastating to me despite having stretchmarks in other areas. I know that the majority of women have them, but the fact that it could have been avoided breaks my heart.

Losing weight has been a big part of my life since the age of 12, I have always been overweight. I could not count on my hands and feet how many attempts i have had. I had a serious eating disorder from the age of 16 to about 20. At 22, I know I need to change my life and for good.

I guess I have always had this idea in my head that when I get to my goal weight I will be able to fit in the clothes I want, and to be secure in my body. And I think thats what has stopped me from meeting my goals. Because if I have that idea in my mind, that hope, it means there is always the potential for happiness. But if i meet my goal, and that happiness is not there - then where is there for me to go?

I am doing a combination of cleaning eating and weightwatchers (The only thing that has ever worked for me) as well as the gym. I am unsure of my current weight, but I believe it to be around the 103kg (226lbs). For someone who for most of their adult years has been around 70-75kg it is clear i have gained a lot over the last 2 years.

A big part of the job I want in the future involves being phyiscally fit, so this is a huge motivator for me. If i don't get my fitness and nutrition sorted now, my hopes of working in this sector disapear.

This is my year. I am finishing my degree this year, am on my way to being debt free and I will work towards my goals.

If you got through that, I'm impressed! I look forward to getting to know you all

xx Kimmy
kimmy4stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 01:38 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 228/213.8/150

Height: 5'7

Welcome back kimmy! Just keep looking forward to the career you want and what you need to do to get there. You will be great!
Skinnygirldreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 10:50 AM   #3  
Rachel

S/C/G: 295ish/278.4/145

Height: 5'5"

Hey Kimmy! I'm doing WW too, as well as trying to eat more cleanly. As someone whose happiness was often dependent on weight, let me say that there is always a reason to be happy that has nothing to do with what you weigh. Make a list of everything that makes you happy, I bet it'd be way longer than you might think
Keep Moving Forward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 11:42 AM   #4  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

Welcome and good luck on your journey!!!
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 09:29 PM   #5  
Awesome

S/C/G: 231/see ticker/120

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keep Moving Forward View Post
Hey Kimmy! I'm doing WW too, as well as trying to eat more cleanly. As someone whose happiness was often dependent on weight, let me say that there is always a reason to be happy that has nothing to do with what you weigh. Make a list of everything that makes you happy, I bet it'd be way longer than you might think
Yay, fellow WW'er! hehe. Don't get me wrong, I have things in my life that I am so blessed to have. A good job, in my last year of my degree, an amazing boyfriend, have had the chance to travel, and have a really exciting year to come in 2014. But something has eluded me for a long time is feeling okay in my apperance. Im not searching for perfect, but at this point even to feel okay at how i look would be great. I am not ugly, I know that, but I also know how much better I look and a healthy weight and going to the gym. I deserve that. But you are right, I need to learn to not leave my life and wait till I get until a certain weight to be "happy".

Thanks Skinnygirldreams and Mozzy!

(Example - I buy all clothes in my gw, I LITERALLY have a closed filled with beautiful clothes, some of which i have fitted in the past, most that a brand new... just waiting to be worn).
kimmy4stan is offline   Reply With Quote