Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-08-2013, 12:14 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 209/*ticker*/145

Height: 5'7

Default It was my biggest fear... Its happening.

Hi everyone! I'm back!!

So I have always* (since I started loosing weight) said that my biggest fear was gaining back the weight I have lost. I worked too hard to just let it go.

Well.... its happened....

Not entirely.. I am not back up to 200lb or anything.. But still. Its been a few months since I was super strict on my eating. I have really let go and started eating everything again (I love me some pad thai).

The last time I weighed myself, I was back up to about 170lb, and that was early/mid January. I wont weigh myself again, mostly out of fear. :/ I've been feeling so gross and bloated (its the 'nice' word I use instead of fat) lately. I want to get back on track before I really let go, and balloon up again.. I don't know if I would be able to handle that.

So, I work best with goals. If I am working towards something, I feel like I have incentive to get there. SO... I am planning a trip that is most likely involve beaches for my birthday this year. I would like to be at or close to my goal weight by my birthday, September 12.
sabri711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 12:15 AM   #2  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

Welcome and good luck on your journey!!!
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 01:37 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 282/271/165

Hi there! I also need goals to work toward, last year my scale ran out of batteries, and i took it as an excuse to not weigh myself or be accountable for what I was eating....for 6 months!! Boy did i pay for that!! I was also not in the greatest frame of mind then, but this time around is going to be different as I have found this forum and I am in a positive happy space with goals of course!
Nzgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 04:44 AM   #4  

Height: 5'8.5"

Welcome back!
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 06:20 AM   #5  
MasterHarper

Oh, I was the same. Got down to 129 at my very lowest and then maintained at 135-140 for a good long while. But I was in denial about the weight creeping on for the last year or so, and I got on the scales to see 172!!

It was a shock, but I really am determined to do it this time.

Curious - why don;t you want to weigh yourself? I couldn't do it without weighing myself and having that incentive of seeing the weight come off.
Robsia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 06:54 AM   #6  

Height: 5 feet 3inches

It's my biggest fear a well losing the weight then putting it back on again
it's a yo yo of chance up and down up and down how do wew keep on top of this weight? diets? exercise? i feel your pain i really do.
differentsomeone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 07:05 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 177.2/169.8/140

Height: 5'4"

Welcome back! It's the same with me. We have to get in our minds that we just can't eat whatever we want ALL the time. We are on our way. You will meet your goal.
jlight22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 08:02 AM   #8  
LRH

S/C/G: 152/132/127

Welcome back. Same happened to me. Lost 26 lbs and then seriously fell off the wagon Christmas Day last year. I ate that day and didn't weigh the next day because I "didn't want to see." We'll, I can tell you that decision didn't end well. I gained back 20 lbs. Don't let the fear block you. Get on the scale, own up to it and get back on track. I'll bet you make your goal way before your birthday. Best of luck! You will do it!
LRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 10:16 AM   #9  
Hi, I'm Danielle!

S/C/G: 208/Ticker/130

Height: 5'1

Good luck, I told myself a while ago I'd work towards my goal, and I really didn't even give it a good shot.. now I made the decision that I just HAVE to do it, and I am hoping I can stick with it... Ugh, this is so painful, but so glad I found people to support me.. and I think you'll do just fine!! But like the person above said, get on that scale, OWN up to it and get right back on track. Sometimes the fear is what pushes you the most, or atleast thats how it is with me. Good luck!
Savemykissesx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 10:43 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 396/351/160

Height: 5'7"

Welcome back and good luck on your efforts. You know from the posts that you're not alone -- including me this week. I had been congratulating myself on how well I was doing, had stuck with the eating plan for several weeks, was regularly losing weight, etc. Then I realized that the very low carb was having some uncomfortable side effects and "let myself" eat carbs to "normalize" things for a week. Gained 10 pounds in one week and it will take me at least 3 - 4 weeks to get those off. So irritated with myself. But, back in the saddle. We all have these ups and downs, and I've just accepted that I need to learn to deal with them in a positive manner. No beating myself up. No being disappointed in myself, etc. Just get back on plan.
betsy2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 10:57 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 62/62/50kg

Height: 165cm

The beach trip seems like a really good idea, something to look forward to!

One thing I do when in denial about something that is causing me anxiety (because that's all it is, not wanting to look at the scales and pretending everything is just okay when truthfully, you know the weight is going up and that's against everything you want) Confront your feelings. Instead of trying to ignore them or push them down with food or any other activities...I'd suggest just taking some time to let yourself truthfully think about things, like seeing how much weight you've gained back, and accepting that it's there and all the bad emotions that go with that (in my case, anxiety/disappointment/self-hatred/etc)

Allow yourself to get overwhelmed...have a good cry (even if it seems childish and immature!)...let yourself feel bad, but let all the bad feelings out. Then you might find your able to more easily start again.
The Android Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 11:47 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 209/*ticker*/145

Thank you everyone for all the great support.

The scale thing is just anxiety like The Android Head said. But its also more than that. I do need to deal with that, and on Monday I will (I am going out of town tonight and won't have my scale until I get back), but also I try not to weigh myself at the beginning, because if I do not see the results I want immediatly it is super discouraging. So I try to go the first two weeks without using the scale, so that way any change is a encouragment to keep going. It means what I am doing is working, and I just have to stick with it. My normal behaviour is weighing myself daily.
sabri711 is offline   Reply With Quote