Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-02-2013, 06:23 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 216.8/167.8/150

Height: 5'4

Default The Weight Loss Journey Continues.....Again :)

Hi, I'm Amy. I'm sure there are a lot of you with the same story. I've tried losing weight too many times to count, it even worked a few times, but I always gain it back. I guess this time I'm really trying to get to the root of the problem. I'm trying to figure out why I keep this extra weight on. Don't get me wrong, I have more than my fair share of obstacles. I just really want to make a change. I really want to be happier in my own skin.
One thing I've not had a lot of is support, so this site is really intriguing to me. It's also very motivating to see how far so many people have come and to see their 'real' smiles.
So, nice to meet you and I hope that one day I will be posting my Goal photos on here
Amy1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 06:50 PM   #2  

I guess I didn't really say much about myself there, oops! First of all, I'm 35 years old. I've been overweight, on and off, most of my life. I have never been the athletic type, though, the rest of my family was. I developed hereditary osteoarthritis, degenerative disc disease, and spinal stenosis in my early 20's. I had my first surgery at 28, a microdiscectomy in my lower back. I suffered a spinal cord injury at 30 from an injection in my neck. I had a cervical fusion at 32, carpal tunnel surgery at 33 and I deal with pain on a daily basis. Needless to say, this makes exercising a pretty big challenge! I recently started pool physical therapy, so that's good. Along with all of that comes depression and insomnia. I have PCOS and hypothyroidism. A great recipe for being overweight.
All that being said, I'm a very hopeful person and I love to just be silly and laugh at the little stuff.
Losing weight would not only help my self esteem, it will do wonders to ease my osteoarthritis pain.
So, there it is, a better introduction. I really look forward to making some friends on here and supporting each other on this difficult and emotional journey.
Old 03-02-2013, 07:58 PM   #3  
seeking balance

S/C/G: 186/124/120

Height: 5'3"

Cattails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 08:40 PM   #4  

Height: 5'8.5"

Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 10:29 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 93 kg/ 93 kg/ 63 kg

Height: 160 cm

Hi Amy,

First off thanks for the supportive words you left on my thread and welcome to 3FC, we are both newbies!!!

Wow you definitely have a lot on your plate to deal with!!! It's so impressive that after all you've been through and continue to deal with that you still keep a positive outlook on life and enjoy the little things, I hope to develop such a healthy mindset myself. I also have PCOS and am not sure as to what extent this affects my weight and appetite so I have decided to start on Metformin to see if this helps. Two of my sisters have HYPERthyroidism, which as you probably know is the opposite to what you have wherein they lose too much weight without trying, among other things. I went to get tested as I thought I might have hypothyroidism but my tests came back negative, I'm wondering if it's something that might show up later in my life though considering my sisters didn't start having hyperthyroid symptoms until their 30s/40s.

Congratulations on your 20 pound weight loss so far, the fact that you push through despite the immense pain you must be in due to your ailments is a testament to your positive attitude, you are an inspiring woman and I wish you the best of luck on your journey - hope to see your "real smile" when you post your goal pictures

Last edited by naetnec; 03-02-2013 at 10:31 PM.
naetnec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 10:36 PM   #6  
NeNe

S/C/G: 200/187/165

Height: 5'6"

Welcome aboard Amy! Glad to have you join us. I have chronic back pain with similar issues as you. I feel for you 'cause I have the same pain issues. I do pool aerobics and it does help with my pain immensely. I look forward to "hearing" more about your journey as we go through it together. Blessings, firegirl
firegirl441 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 04:46 AM   #7  

Thank you, all, for the welcome. I appreciate it.
Naetnic, you are so kind I really try my best to keep my head up and keep moving forward. It's not an easy thing to do if you're depressed, trust me, I know, too. I guess I've followed the old saying 'fake it, until you make it'. So, I may smile and joke around even though its the last thing I want to do and then eventually I will just feel better. I don't know if that helps or not.
I guess I need to apply this to weight loss and start acting like I'm super motivated and not scared to fail, again.
Hmm, I will have to ponder that one a bit
Old 03-03-2013, 04:51 AM   #8  

Firegirl, I'm sorry you are dealing with back pain, as well. It really doesn't make things easier. No P90x for me! (Though, I think that may actually be a pek to have back problems)
Pool aerobics are the wy to go. I love being in the water, but I can't figure out my limit yet. Going to try chair yoga next. A bit embarrassing because I'm only 35, but I will Rock that class!
Be well!
Old 03-03-2013, 12:58 PM   #9  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

Welcome and good luck on your journey!
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 05:51 PM   #10  
NeNe

S/C/G: 200/187/165

Height: 5'6"

Amy,

I think you will love the chair yoga. I did some of that with the senior citizens when I was manager of their center. Let me know how it goes for you. Hope you have a Happy Monday, firegirl
firegirl441 is offline   Reply With Quote