Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-27-2013, 10:35 AM   #1  

Height: 5'3"

Default Not Pregnant, Just Fat

Hey everyone. I'm new here and wanted to introduce myself. I'm 27, and after three people in the last two months asked me when I was due (OH MY GOD), I finally realized I need help. Who even asks that question to a stranger?! Anyway, I'm currently trying to eat an all vegetable, fruit, and nut diet, with some lean meat thrown in every once and a while. And I'm also letting myself eat out with friends if they ask, ordering only healthy things and making sure the portions are small. Has this kind of plan worked for anyone else? This is the first diet I've ever tried and would love some feedback! I just want everyone to stop thinking I'm pregnant!
SmilingAudibly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 10:58 AM   #2  

It is a good start, but if you combine the diet program with exercises you will be able to achieve great results in a short period of time. Your diet plan is not bad stick to it and see if it works for you.
Flowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 11:09 AM   #3  

I forgot to also say that I'm trying to go to the YMCA for 2 group classes a week, and 2 solo workouts. Working out is the hardest part for me by far!
Old 01-27-2013, 11:34 AM   #4  
Yogini

S/C/G: 152/ticker/115

Height: 5' 3''

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmilingAudibly View Post
I'm currently trying to eat an all vegetable, fruit, and nut diet, with some lean meat thrown in every once and a while. And I'm also letting myself eat out with friends if they ask, ordering only healthy things and making sure the portions are small. Has this kind of plan worked for anyone else?
This is the style of diet I follow, except I'm vegetarian so no meat, but lentils and beans. You might want to google Eat to Live by Dr Joel Fuhrman. He advocates a vegetable / fruit / nut / bean based diet with occasional lean meat/eggs (less than 10% of calories). People are very successful with this style of diet and it's a very healthy plan, that focuses more on nutrition and getting the nutrients you need. Weight loss is a bonus when you eat this healthy!

I also eat out with friends, but try to get a salad or veggie chili and watch my portions.
Wildflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 01:13 PM   #5  

Awesome! Thanks Wildflower. Checking out Eat to Live right now!!
Old 01-27-2013, 01:29 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 305/174/165

Height: 5'10

Welcome! I am sort of in a similar situation. Except i would get asked, "how many children do you have?" No kids, just fat.. Smh.

Good luck with your diet/exercise plan!
Gemmi85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 02:04 PM   #7  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

Welcome and good luck on your journey!!!
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 02:05 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Welcome!
penmage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 09:45 PM   #9  
My Life, My Rules

S/C/G: 323/286/220

Height: 5'11

Hello, and welcome to the "I'm due when you are you nosy *****!" club! I am 26 and carry my weight very well (or so the skinny *****s I hang out with like to tell me ) but I do carry most of it in my stomach (my bif, lol) and have been asked MULTIPLE times when I am due. My first thought for you is not to let it bother you! I promise as a yoyo dieter it is easy to skip into your old habits because you are sad or mad at someone's thoughtless words. I hope all the best for you and would LOVE to chat about our progress, as I am too trying the cutting back method (40 pounds into 100 it works I PROMISE!) Good luck!
lovinmeeveryday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 09:54 PM   #10  
Restart 11/2012 at 153lbs

S/C/G: Hw194/Sw160/Cw120/gw125

Height: 5'2" on the dot!

Even when I think a family member is pregnant I won't say a thing because I am worried they may have just gained a few pounds. I went in for an X-ray once and the guy said "r u pregnant?" I responded angrily "NO just fat". Later I thought oh it's probably procedure to ask before an X-ray. Anyway welcome and best of luck on your diet!
chubbiegurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 11:14 PM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by chubbiegurl View Post
Even when I think a family member is pregnant I won't say a thing because I am worried they may have just gained a few pounds.
I know, right??

And thanks, lovinme! I'd love to talk with you sometime too! Good luck to you too!
Old 01-28-2013, 08:54 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 226.4/177.6/160

Height: 5'1"

Good luck! x
lynnkath is offline   Reply With Quote