Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-12-2013, 08:25 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 283/255/199

Height: 5"6

Default how much should i be eating? HELP!

Hey all...so I started my weightloss on January 1st....I just feel guilty about everything I eat....I'm sooo hungry!!! I'm terrified I'm going to eat too much and not see the weight shed...here's an example of a days meals

B- 35 calorie yogurt (sometimes 2)

L-6 to 7 peices of crab roll (sushi)

S- small peice of chicken with lettuce and 3 cheese dressing

*only drinking water for he most part...no snacks in between.

*weight 278
*height 5"6
nichole87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 08:46 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

I don't know the caloric value of crab rolls, but at your weight, you should probably be eating around 2000 calories.

Based on the calorie calculator at caloriecontrol.org, for a woman with your stats (assuming a sedentary lifestyle), you should be eating 2500 calories to maintain your weight.

I'm sure someone will come along that's much smarter than me, who will be able to advise you better. Maybe check out the "100 pound club" to see how much the ladies in there are eating?

Once you figure out the best calorie range for you, loading up on the veggies (most are low calorie) would help make you feel fuller with your meals, and for minimal additional calories.

In any case, welcome to 3FC!

Last edited by penmage; 01-12-2013 at 08:48 PM.
penmage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 09:07 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 283/255/199

Height: 5"6

Thanks, that actually helps a lot!
nichole87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 09:14 PM   #4  
Happiness, Peace, & Love

S/C/G: 250 / 250 / 160

Height: 6'0"

I agree with the idea of eating large amounts of veggies (fruit has a lot of sugar but is healthy as long as its fresh (not canned/bottled)). It's amazing how little calories 3 cups of salad can be (without dressing) compared to a little slice of cake!!
Angeldove97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 11:37 PM   #5  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

Welcome and good luck on your journey!!!
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 12:43 AM   #6  
babybat

Height: 5'7

sign up on myfitnesspal.com and fill out your personal info and it will tell you how many calories you should be eating and it keeps track of them. That doesn't sound like enough if you're still hungry, maybe try new foods that are filling and low calorie?
Babybat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 04:16 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 299/199/160

Height: 5ft6

Hi,
Your not eating enough there hun. If Ive worked that all out right even with the extra yogurt your not eating 500 calories. I know how you feel about panicking about getting the weight off but what your eating isn't sustainable and to lose weight it needs to be something that we can do over a long period of time. Do what Babybat suggested and go on my fitness pal. It will tell you how many you calories you should be eating a day and you can log all your foods in so you can see for yourself. Try not to worry too much there's tons of people on here who are in the same position and will give you the support you need.
baileyboo9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 04:21 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 188/188/100

Height: 4'11"

I have actually learned that undereating will trick your body into starvation mode, your metabolism drops, and it will store any and all calories it can in order to survive. Eating at least 1200 calories is just enough to sustain life, and the extra calories is needed in order to fuel your exercise. You should definitely figure out a way to incorporate more healthy calories into your diet, use the my fitness pal app, and you will be good to go!
tiawyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 09:33 AM   #9  

Height: 5'8.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angeldove97 View Post
I agree with the idea of eating large amounts of veggies (fruit has a lot of sugar but is healthy as long as its fresh (not canned/bottled)). It's amazing how little calories 3 cups of salad can be (without dressing) compared to a little slice of cake!!
I agree completely!

And one the artificial junk is out of our system it is amazing how good fruits and veggies can taste!

Last night I ended up eating a plate full of raw red bell peppers, cauliflower and grape tomatoes for dinner... with a scoop of Vegenaise which I allowed because the rest was so low cal) because that was what I WANTED!!

You can fill up on fresh fruits and veggies and not be hungry!
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote