Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-08-2013, 01:15 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 215/215/125

Height: 5'3"

Default I've tried everything. . .

I am about to turn 38. My "story" starts when I was 26. I was a new mom who was 15-20 lbs over my idea weight, and my daughter was 18 months old. I had a headache that lasted for three days straight with no let up.

Finally, on the third day my mother insisted I go to the ER. They found three spots of infection in my brain that needed to be removed. In two weeks time, I had two brain surgeries. I was on IV antibiotics and steroids for those two weeks and sent home with a PIC line and more IV antibiotics.

After three weeks, my white blood cell count was dangerously low so they changed my antibiotic to something weaker. After an additional three weeks, my white blood cells were so low, they said I shouldn't be walking. Despite being so weak and sick, I was gaining weight at an alarming rate.

By the time a year had past, I was 175lbs, energy depleted, and being treated for depression. I was on Zoloft for 2 years. I had to stop the medication when I found out I was pregnant with my second daughter. Of course, I then gained even more and continued to fight the depression.

So, here we are 12 years later. Whatever they did inside my head has completely healed and the depression hasn't been as much of an issue for the last 2 years. I have tried diet and exercise and every natural supplement under the sun. I weigh 215 lbs and I CAN NOT lose to save my life.

I went to the Dr. and after doing lab work put me on meds for hypothyroidism. I have been on that for a year or better and haven't noticed any change.

I feel the depression creeping back and I can't go on this way. So, like my username suggests I need help. . .

Last edited by Inneedofhelp; 01-08-2013 at 01:29 AM.
Inneedofhelp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:25 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 205/see ticker/130

First of all, a very warm

You have been through a lot and sometimes life does not seem fair. But then, we don't have any other option than to make the best of it. I have been fat for as long as i can remember and have tried losing weight (dunno if i have put in serious efforts, though). But every time I find myself starting with a new increased weight

Even I have hypothyroidism along with PCOS and I know how difficult it is to lose weight with these conditions to add on to. But know what, we can do it!! Not as fast as others, but we can always trot along the way. Don't feel depressed. Its harder said than done, but believe in yourself. And we are always here to share

So here's to a new year...and to a new start to a better life!!

Good luck
appyfizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:29 AM   #3  

Thank you so much for your kind words. I'm smiling through tears after reading your post.

Your reassurances haven't fallen on deaf ears. I will keep trying. I know I sound like I have already been defeated. I'm just sooo tired.
Old 01-08-2013, 01:35 AM   #4  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

Welcome and good luck on your journey!!!
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:41 AM   #5  

Thank you and to you, as well. . . .and congratulations on your success so far.
Old 01-08-2013, 01:46 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 205/see ticker/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inneedofhelp View Post
Thank you so much for your kind words. I'm smiling through tears after reading your post.

Your reassurances haven't fallen on deaf ears. I will keep trying. I know I sound like I have already been defeated. I'm just sooo tired.
One is defeated only when one stops trying. And I can see you are farrrr away from stopping.....
appyfizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 03:15 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Welcome!
penmage is offline   Reply With Quote