Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-03-2013, 05:33 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 205/see ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

Default Hey everybody..........

Hey Chicks,

I am about to embark on the weight loss journey for the 100th time (though this time it is a serious )…and hope to receive your support and guidance.

Well, a little about me. I am 25 years old, will turn 26 in March this year. I am from Mumbai, India (rice being the staple food is really not helping..I simply love rice and dunno how I will be able to let go of it for a healthier option).

Anyways, I am around 5’3”. I have always been chubby and struggling with weight loss ever since I remember. I was diagnosed with PCOS, hypothyroidism and insulin resistance when I was around 15 years old. I had to go to the gynecologist for a sonography for PCOS, and boy was that experience bad  The gynac was totally inconsiderate and being just a teenager, I was deeply hurt by the way it went. I have since then changed many gynacs and doctors because everyone wanted the same result in the visit…weight loss whereas my weight kept piling with each passing day.

Almost a couple of years back I was around 165 lbs (approx. 75 kgs) and felt huge. I was in constant denial about my weight gain. I always felt I can never cross 176 lbs (80 kgs) ever!! I started using my PCOS and related problems as an excuse for not being able to lose weight whereas I have never tried losing weight seriously. After landing a job (desk job, I work for a law firm), the weight gain has become more quick. I weigh around 205 lbs (approx. 93 kgs) as of today

My and my BF are together since the past 6 years. He is as fit as a fiddle and has been asking me to lose weight, not because my looks bother him but because of my health problems. He has been encouraging me to lose weight since ages and everytime I have not been able to stick to the plan for long. But now that we are to be married in the next 2 years, I want to do it for him, to look best during the wedding. I also want to have kids of my own someday.

I would like to go scuba diving, bungee jumping, parasailing but I am scared that I will not be allowed because of my weight (silly I know). I am tired of choosing clothes based on what fits me rather than what I like, tried of all the aches and pains. Blah Blah Blah…I can just go on and on and on

So here I am, trying to make lifestyle changes (starting with going to gym for the first time in my life from tomorrow) to achieve what I wasn’t able to till today. The forum has been a great motivation, especially the pics (yes, I have been a long time lurker trying to gather enough courage to post here).

Hoping to receive your guidance and motivation along the way!!!
appyfizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 08:07 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Welcome!
penmage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 08:27 AM   #3  
Hero Of Time

S/C/G: 155lbs/143/115

Height: 5'2

Hey! I'm still relatively new here as well, but welcome! And good luck to ya. You can do it. =) And the wedding is awesome motivation (that's a big motivator for me too!)

See ya around!
farore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 03:49 PM   #4  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

Welcome and good luck on your journey!
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 10:51 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 205/see ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

Thank you, thank you all!!

i will definitely try to keep up with you gals...................
appyfizz is offline   Reply With Quote