Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 12-29-2012, 08:42 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 194/135

Height: 5'2"

Default Hi...newcomer here

Hi, I think I am finally ready to take action to lose the 60 lbs I need to lose. I currently weigh 194 and am 5'2" I am thinking about joining weight watchers online, but I know from past experience that a low carb/zero grains diet is what works best for me (if I can stick to it). I have been on every "reasonable" diet out there in my lifetime, but at 47 and entering menopause and having Hashimoto's thyroiditis, it is almost impossible to take off weight. Up until 2 years ago, I exercised 4-5 times a week at cross fit, but got adrenal fatigue and had to quit. It's been 1 1/2 years since I worked out with any constancy, and have never been so out of shape.

Anyway, thanks for listening, and any suggestions about a low carb direction would be greatly appreciated.
bindiboop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 10:44 PM   #2  

Height: 5'8.5"

Hello and

I'm not on a low carb plan so can't offer that input, but I do wish you the best!
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 11:40 PM   #3  

Height: 5'9

Hey there!

I just joined this website tonight and I too was thinking about joining weight watchers online, but then I saw the price. I went and searched for what my daily point allowance would be, which for me is 28, and I downloaded a free weight watcher point calculator to my phone. I've decided that I'm just going to use those free resources first before I start shelling out some cash. Just a suggestion for you.

Starryeyedgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 11:49 PM   #4  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

Welcome to 3FC!

Check out the forums around here, there are so many plans available for you to research and ask questions about before taking the leap! Good luck!
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 11:51 PM   #5  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

Welcome and Good luck on your journey!
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 12:47 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 194/135

thanks for the welcomes and feedback everyone. I was only thinking of joining WW for the structure and support, but I think I may have found that here. I have 3 different weight loss apps. on my phone, they don't help if you don't use them, and I need more accountability than my phone. What do I do now, on this forum? Where do I go from here?
bindiboop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 01:19 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/125

penmage is offline   Reply With Quote