Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 12-29-2012, 04:25 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 170/165/145

Height: 5'7

Default Guess who's back...(back again!)

Well I am meekly returning back to 3FC after several months avoiding the forum as I have failed to maintain my loss of 15 lbs from last spring .

I started P90x January 23rd 2012 and stuck with calorie counting and exercise till the end of April. Then we went to Europe for 3 weeks which was the begining...

Eating out and drinking alcohol every day for about 3 weeks is the opposite of what I had been doing! Vacation was AMAZING and so worth it...I got engaged in Spain! I only gained a few lbs back after that trip......

So upon our return the weather was nicer and we had to crack down on finishing our porch which took all of our spare time. AKA...no workouts (granted I could have always squeezed one in somewhere, but as busy as we were I was quick to make excuses not to!)

Between working outside...2 more short trips out of state by the end of the summer I packed on 5 lbs. So fall came....we stayed pretty busy into November and then of course prepping for Christmas came. Between shopping and working on my fiance's gift, I had little spare time.

So now it's a month from Jan 23rd and I am nearly back to 160lbs..right where I started. I am between 3-5lbs now after Christmas. What is most notable is my pants. My work pants have become very tight...and I wear a duty belt which has become very painful with NO room left to expand. So I sit here miserably as it squeezes and presses on my back and hips....regretting my poor efforts to maintain my weight loss.

I worked so hard for those 15 lbs to go away, and only to be lazy and a big piggy the rest of the year. My wedding is in Sept, so I have plenty of time.

I know I can lose the weight, the problem is maintaining it. I have lost weight 3 times in my life. The first bout was 50 lbs when I was in college and that was from changing diet and Tae Kwon Do.

The second time, after gaining back 15 lbs..went to the academy and lost 15...back to 145.

Well got lazy again, drinking and eating large portions, snacking without regaurd I gained 15 lbs back.

Which brings us to last year where I picked up the P90x and lost that 15 again. And the rest you know!

This year I need to focus hard on maintaining. I gained 10lbs in less than year..bad news! I think a part of me felt without a routine that one exercise day a week even, would be fruitless...however looking back now I think it would have helped...a lot.

I went from very active to about nothing. My saving grace in the summer was minor physical labor working outside. Once fall rolled around I went to maybe walking an hour or less once a week at most. Needless to say poor eating habbits and high calorie alcohol caught up to me fast. We don't drink as much as it sounds, but when you consider a glass of wine is 120 cals or so..(and my favorite specialty beers can go well above that)...and have a few..plus food..it adds up FAST!

So ladies, gents... if you have any tips to maintaining and keeping focused without making excuses ALL the time. I need to hear it! I suppose avoiding the forum when I'm doing bad doesn't help!

I so do look forward to my pants and belt NOT kicking my *** for 10 hours at work. I look forward to looking good in my wedding dress, and a bikini come honeymoon! Got to start somewhere!
JudgeDread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 05:00 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Hi JudgeDread! Welcome back
I have that song stuck in my head now!
Good luck getting back into the swing of things with your diet and exercise, and definitely DON'T avoid the forum!!
penmage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 12:06 AM   #3  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

Welcome and Good luck on your journey!
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 12:11 AM   #4  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

Welcome back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudgeDread View Post
So ladies, gents... if you have any tips to maintaining and keeping focused without making excuses ALL the time. I need to hear it! I suppose avoiding the forum when I'm doing bad doesn't help!
Being vigilant! Having some sort of redline usually helps. For me it's my pants. Once they start to get tight I have to cut back. If they get too loose, then I need to eat more. I don't really weigh as much anymore.

I also go by how I look. Because of my loose skin I'll never have a six pack, but I can usually see the outlines of my abs on the upper half of my stomach. If I can't see them, time to cut back!

You might choose a redline weight; where if you hit that on the scale you must start scaling back, cutting calories, etc.
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 06:23 AM   #5  

Height: 5'8.5"

Welcome back!
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 02:31 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 170/165/145

Height: 5'7

Thanks folks!
JudgeDread is offline   Reply With Quote