Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 12-27-2012, 07:47 PM   #1  
<a href="http://lilyslim.

S/C/G: 198 / 198 / 165

Height: 5'7

Default New here... and determined to stick to it this time...

Hi all -

I wanted to introduce myself. My name is Melissa, I'm 30 years old and live in Connecticut. I am married and have two sweet little boys.

Throughout my childhood I was overweight. When I met my now husband, I decided I wanted to be happy with the way I looked and felt, and I was able to go from about 190 (I never weighed myself) to 150 when I got married. I was able to maintain that weight until I became pregnant with my eldest son in 2005. During my pregnancy I put on 80+ pounds! I never lost it all, even after having my youngest son 13 months later. Here it is 6 years after giving birth to my last baby and the weight is still hanging on! I'm done carrying it around!

I often start weight loss programs, stick to it for a bit and lose a little, but then I get discouraged when I hit a plateau and give up... then I end up gaining more than I ever lost! I'm hopeful that I will find support on this site as I struggle to find people in my "reality" that are facing the same issues!

I had to have a hysterectomy in August due to some medical issues that I had going on, and I'm not sure if it is from changes in hormones or just increased stress, but I have found my weight going up seemingly overnight! Has this happened to anyone??

I look forward to joining you all in this battle we are all facing!
meavery3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 07:58 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Hi Melissa! Welcome to 3FC
penmage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 08:50 PM   #3  

Height: 5'8.5"

Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote