Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 12-17-2012, 11:44 AM   #1  

Default Hi another newbie :)

Hi there,

Well I'm back on the diet track again after letting myself slip after completing the Cambridge diet a few years ago. The 200lb mark has crept up on me and I know I need to rectify this before I hit it! I have decided to avoid the low calorie diets this time as I find it so hard to maintain the weight loss when I actually start eating again, so sticking to a low carb high protein diet with lots of water. Any motivation and tips welcome and fingers crossed I'm successful on my weight loss journey. First goal is 10lbs which I'm aiming to have lost by the end of January, taking it slow this time!

Hope you're all set for Christmas and I look forward to getting to know you all.
Claire
Xxx
xmasangel4151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 12:17 PM   #2  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

Welcome and good luck on your journey!
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 10:55 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 373/213/165

Height: 5'7"

Good luck on your journey. Low carb is the only diet that I find works for me. anything else causes blood sugar spikes and I have horrible cravings. When I stick to low carb, my hunger is so much more controllable.
Theresar2899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 10:56 PM   #4  

Height: 5'8.5"

Claire
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 12:08 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 174/145.6/130-117

Height: 5feet1

Great name! (ok so I happen to be Claire too.) taking it slow is good. In my experience (the last time I lost weight many years ago) it makes it harder to gain back. My dr. said so too. And what's the point of losing it if you can't maintain it? You sound like you are grounded. Welcome!
Fluffypuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 03:31 AM   #6  

Thanks for the warm welcome! Probably not a good idea starting right before Christmas but have told myself to start the good habits now then they won't feel such a chore in the new year. I tend to make a New Years resolution of dieting and have normally given up by the end of Jan. So in my head this is not a new year resolution it's just a change to my lifestyle. After reading some posts on here some of you ladies have done fabulously so hoping I can continue on the good work you've all done! Just logged myself into myfitnesspal as well so will be making an effort to keep track of what I'm eating and drinking!

Hope you all have a lovely day
Claire xx
xmasangel4151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 04:13 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Hi Claire! Welcome to 3FC
penmage is offline   Reply With Quote