Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 12-15-2012, 10:55 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 230/190/160

Height: 5'11

Default New to forum, & wanting suggestions!

Hi there, I'm new to the forum. I am 23, in teaching college, from Canada

I'm sure a lot of you can relate to my situation.. whether you are a young student like myself or already in your career and living a busy life.

I managed to lose 40 lbs in the spring. I put all my focus into the 17-day-diet in April when I finished exams and all my stress from uni was gone. I find it too stressful to eat healthy when I'm in school since I am a huge stress eater and have a hard time exercising regularly with school and two jobs.
So needless to say, since I started Uni again in September, I have not been following my new healthy life style I was so dedicated to in the summer. I was SO confident about my eating habits in the summer I remember thinking I can't believe I ever ate such crap and how I will NEVER go back to eating that way again! Well.. it only took 3-4 months for me to completely "fall of the band wagon".

I've gained back only 5 lbs, but that's enough to scare me back into drastically changing my lifestyle again. I find it difficult to just say "I'm going to eat healthy". I have seen more success in the past with strict diets where I know exactly what I am going to be eating every day. I found the 17-day diet so great because of just that, I knew exactly what I was allowed to eat so I wasn't confused at all and it made shopping a **** of a lot easier.

I have tried 2-3 times to start the 17day diet again but I'm finding myself totally not motivated. Can anyone else suggest another diet plan I could follow? Maybe what I need is something new. I really don't like eating breads or any wheats, which is why I loved 17-day.
omgcrayons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 11:28 PM   #2  
babybat

Height: 5'7

Don't go on any specific diet plans, go on your own diet.
You said knowing what you're going to eat works for you, so set up meal plans. You're already burning calories from working (depends on what you do, it might be a lot or just a little) but if you can set up 20-30 minutes a few times a week to exercise or do something you enjoy/need to do.

Maybe take up a sport, etc.
Even little things like walking to work, or climbing the stairs helps...

Good luck.

Babybat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 12:11 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 233/201/150

Height: 5'6"

New here to, good luck!!!
lifesigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 12:11 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 174/145.6/130-117

Height: 5feet1

I am not very educated about formal diets. I am a calorie counter but eat anything in small amounts (or at least that's the plan). The pros will be along shortly to help you better than I can. But you are doing the right thing in responding to a small gain before it gets worse. What motivates me is making mini goals and fantasizing about them by putting them on a calendar. I think about posting about reaching my mini goals, the way I'm gonna look and feel and possibly even dropping a size and buying new clothes. And that's not to mention the health benefits. But that's just what works for me so far. I am still new to this so like I said, I'm sure the pros will chime in soon. Welcome fellow Canadian!

Last edited by Fluffypuppy; 12-16-2012 at 12:12 AM.
Fluffypuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 05:30 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 230/190/160

Height: 5'11

I fantasize about buying new clothes too. I buy clothes that are too small so it motivates me to lose... and it works (usually)! I'm also really motivated right now because I am travelling to Asia in May and I know I will enjoy my trip a lot more if I am healthier! I know I am never going to be a bikini model but I'm sure I will enjoy those beautiful beaches a lot more if I am feeling more confident. So 30 lbs before Thailand in May. That's my BIG goal. But thanks for the advice, maybe I will make little goals each month to keep me on track!
omgcrayons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 11:26 PM   #6  

Height: 5'8.5"

Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 11:49 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 233/201/150

Height: 5'6"

New here too!!! Good luck . . . I'm going to be counting calories (and carbs per doctor) on a fitness ap . . . so far just giving up soda, and replacing it with water has helped me.
lifesigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 04:43 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

penmage is offline   Reply With Quote