Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 12-11-2012, 09:50 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 341/298/175

Height: 5'6

Default Whitesnake?

Here I go again, hopefully not on my own. I've been around the forums for a while now. I don't remember if I have ever posted or not. My name is Amanda. I am 29. I stand 5'7 and weigh 295 lbs. Oct. 1st I started a low-carb style of diet and stuck to it very well through that whole month, until my birthday on the 26th. Then I kind of fizzled out. I was 306 when I started, so 11 lbs was pretty good for not knowing what I was doing and not exercising. I've had a lot of problems with starting diets and getting frustrated when I didn't see results as fast as I wanted, so I would get depressed and binge. At my heaviest I was 321 lbs. I have the blessing of not really looking my weight, but it's still a hard number to say.
Anyway, I am recently divorced. Having spent the last few years basically devoting my entire life to my husband I find myself at a loss on how to devote it to myself. I've had no hobbies or passions. Starting over from scratch!
Gezebelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 12:04 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 131/sig/110

Welcome!
Good that you are feeling motivated to start again.
Hope that you will find a new passion in your life
A new start!
Lemongrab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 02:02 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 300/280/150

Height: 5'7

I am pretty much right where you are. 30, 300 lbs. I also do not look my weight. Never did. I spent a good portion of my life being around 220 and most people had no idea I was even over 200 pounds. At 300 though, there is definatley more to see, though I am told I carry it well. If only my joints agreed haha. I have lots of knee and foot pain. Do yo have any issues like that?

Anyway welcome and good luck!
AprilRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 11:21 AM   #4  

No so much in the knees, but I do have pain in my heels. Usually only when I've gotten out of bed, or have been sitting for a while. It goes away after a minute though.
Old 12-12-2012, 11:54 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 300/280/150

Height: 5'7

Ah yes, bone spurs, brought on by tight planter fascia. My planter fascia just strains or sprains or whatever the correct word is, but has not given me bone spurs. Just be careful if you are going to get into being more active on your feet. Start slowly because you do not want to aggravate your tendons. It can lead to a chain reaction leaving you in bad shape. As long as you take it slowly you should be ok.
AprilRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 12:10 PM   #6  
Fear does not = fate

S/C/G: 295/140/nogoal :)

Height: 5'2"

Shoe inserts and stretches have helped mine by leaps and bounds. So has rolling a frozen peaches can under my foot (peaches! peaches for me! +2 cool score if you remember that song). Icing it RIGHT after I jog/walk has helped a lot as well.

I also ice it right after a VERY hot soak in water. While it was painful to the point I thought I was going to have to give up exercise, it's really just an afterthought now And it's only been a few days!
owlsteazombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 12:43 PM   #7  

The video for that song is hilarious. Ninjas jumping out of a peach orchard, lol. They aren't too bad, I only have pain when they get stiff. I was pretty heavy into cardio earlier in the year and had no problems (other than not losing much in the way of weight.)
Old 12-13-2012, 12:56 AM   #8  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

Welcome and good luck on your journey
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote