Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 12-11-2012, 12:14 PM   #1  
ChristineP

S/C/G: 196/196/140

Height: 5'2

Red face Just registered, time for a new beginning!

Hello everyone. I feel great about registering here! I hope I can support others and get some sort of motivation here
Life is pretty low for me at the moment, trying my best to be positive.

I'm hoping to make some new friends!
survivinglife19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:33 PM   #2  
ChristineP

Just to add about myself. I'm right now 196 pounds. Last year during Christmas I was 155. I thought I was a WHALE at the time, HAH.. hah I can't believe how self conscious I was then when that's not all that bad. After Christmas at my moms, I had a huge feast of course, directly after I gained about 20 pounds. Somehow.
Of course not all from the meal I just continued the buffet type eating because ... well it's so comforting and delicious right?
Ever since then I stuck around 170 feeling like **** realizing what I've done to myself. Around May I began working at McDondalds. I hadn't really gained any weight because I was just a part time worker. Although just a few months later (maybe 3) I was put into full time overnights. One - I was eating at night which is bad. & Two - I got free food.
Yes free.. food. At.. McDonalds. So.. I took advantage. I stopped spending money on groceries and starting thinking well if I get free food more money for me.
Since then I packed on some more weight and moved from 170 to the 196 I'm at now.
I HATE it.. I absolutely hate my body right now.
I've also picked up smoking while doing the overnights and I take medication for my bi-polar personality.
I'm just really so sick of this all, I want to start buying healthy foods and making salads and great food like that. But even right now I'm broke. & with Christmas coming I won't have money for groceries.. ( I love buying gifts for people!)

I just feel... Stuck

I apologize that this is so long I just want to get my story out there. Maybe someone can relate.. maybe..

I hope to hear from someone Thanks for reading!!
Old 12-11-2012, 12:43 PM   #3  
Enjoying la bella vita

S/C/G: 28 pounds to go

Height: 5-4

Welcome! First off, great job in deciding to make a change for a healthier life!

Are you still working at McDonalds? If so, use those nutritional guidelines they have and plan some balanced healthier options. Free food is hard to pass up sometimes. Make it work FOR you, not work against you.

Pick yourself up, dust yourself off and you're ready to go! Don't beat yourself up - I do that and it accomplishes nothing but gets me further down.
nationalparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:53 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 222/206/140

Height: 5'10

Keep your head up I was in simular situations emotionally and to get out of the funk I had to re train my thought process on vewing myself. I never bring myself down anymore about how unhealthy I am/was etc.. I only tell myself positive things like I can do it im strong willed etc.. It's amazing what the mind can accomplish when thinking positive and the results that follow are even better. Once you change the negitives into positives watch how fast you will be on the healthy track. Im new here and love the site so far have a look at the before and after pics of people who have met there goals it's super motivating
SLK11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 01:04 PM   #5  
ChristineP

Thanks nationalparker!
Yes I still am, unfortunately. I plan to move again in May with my boyfriend and find a new job. Personally, knowing how everything is made and what's in it.. Nothing is very healthy even the salads!! The lettuce at fast food restaurants is sprayed with sugar water to keep it from getting old. It's very gross!
Thank you I will try

SLK11 - Great idea!! Before and after photos always amaze me and make me realize if they did it, why can't I? Right!?
I'm trying to be positive I'm starting all of this today. I've been in points in my life where I was very nice to myself very positive and it did help, I'm doing what I can to get back to that place in life. It's very peaceful.

Thanks for your replies!
Old 12-11-2012, 03:55 PM   #6  
Back to Basics!

S/C/G: 187/127/125

Height: 5' 2.5"

You can do this! We are the same height, and about the same starting weight.

Whatever weight loss method you choose, stick to it!
ChickieChicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 01:03 AM   #7  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

Welcome and good luck on your journey!
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote