Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 12-01-2012, 05:07 PM   #1  
lvnative

S/C/G: 162/160/135

Height: 5' 5"

Smile New and Nervous

Hello Everyone. I decided to join this forum after realizing that I just cannot lose weight on my own. I would call myself a yo-yo dieter and here I sit at nearly my highest weight again. I am planning a visit to my hometown and once again trying to lose that 20 lbs by mid February. I am nervous because this is not the first time I have joined a weight loss forum and usually I am not very successful. I have my fingers crossed this time around. We moved to a new state this year and I have completely stopped exercising and have not made any new friends yet. I am ready to try this again.
vegasgirl67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 05:47 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 188/185/130

Height: 66"

Hi vegasgirl,
I'm new here, too. There is under "chicks up for a challenge" a 21 day ongoing challenge (you just jump in) and you have to for 21 days do what you set out to do or you have to start over. You could make exercising every day your challenge. I find the forum motivating--I've exercised two days in a row after getting out of exercising (it is always hard to restart.)
eclecticgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 06:02 PM   #3  
lvnative

Hi eclecticgirl,
Welcome to you too! Thank you for the information on the "chicks up for a challenge". I will check it out and see if that is something I should try. I am so nervous as you can see from the title of my post. This is probably the worst time of year for me to try and lose weight . I have had a gym membership since April and went only 3 times. My husband is so annoyed with me since I signed up for a year and we keep paying the monthly fee for something I don't use but need to desperately.
Old 12-01-2012, 09:49 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Welcome, vegasgirl67!
penmage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 11:53 AM   #5  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

Today is a new day. You can absolutely do this! Even if you've never used your gym membership, today can be day one! Good luck!
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 12:13 PM   #6  
lvnative

Thank you for the welcome and the encouragement! I will need it.