Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 11-20-2012, 04:22 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 295/255/150

Height: 5'6"

Default Hello, Intro, etc.

Hi everyone! I'm not new to the idea of struggling with weight loss, but I've never sought online support before.

I don't diet, I make lifestyle changes. I'm not good at sticking with major changes. I was maintaining a weight of about 180 lbs through 5-6 hours of high intensity exercise weekly with a sporadic meal plan (eating once or twice a day).

Three major things happened which knocked the groove right out of me! I had my gall bladder removed, I injured my low back and pelvis, and I got married. The weight came on from eating "normally" and because I can't do the high intensity workouts without making myself sick.

I went from 180 to 295 lbs in 3 years. I've gotten down to 250-255 since August, just from returning to my irregular eating habits.

I have 3 confounding factors that increase my struggle to lose weight: 1. GI issues, I have IBS and a hiatal hernia. 2. Post traumatic stress, so I find myself depressed or incapacitated at times. 3. PCOS, which has been a thorn in my side since I was 15.

I'm hoping to find info about what helps people with those particular obstacles lose weight, find some support, maybe even a friend or two.

That's enough of an intro for me. I look forward to reading more threads and getting to know you ladies and gents.
Neurospike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 06:51 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Hi Neurospike! Welcome to 3FC. Sounds like you've got quite a few things on your plate. In the "dieting with obstacles" section, there's an area for ladies with PCOS, and underneath that there's a section those suffering from depression. You might be able to find some helpful information in there.

Congratulations on your weight loss so far!

Last edited by penmage; 11-20-2012 at 06:55 PM.
penmage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 09:27 PM   #3  

Height: 5'8.5"

Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote