Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 11-14-2012, 01:34 PM   #1  
missriss

S/C/G: 279/240/150

Height: 5'5

Default Hi!

Hi I'm new here obviously. I have been losing weight for nearly a year now. I'm down a hard fought 40 pounds with 90 some odd left to go. I'm turning here to hopefully find some support. I have been losing weight with my mom. She has really been a major help to me, staying focused and not losing sight of the long term goal, but its been 10 long months of hard-work. Add into that it being a crazy stressful time in my life. I feel lost and I don't want to give up but I am at a loss of what to do. I feel like I need a break but isn't that like giving up?
missacarissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 02:02 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 232/ticker/155

Height: 5'10"

Welcome, missacarissa! Congrats on your weightloss so far! You'll definitely find support here. It's definitely important to stay motivated and not give up. Even "taking a break" can be a real slippery slope. I thought I'd take a day break last week. It went from one day to five days in a row that I didn't exercise at all and ate whatever I wanted. And of course I felt awful about it and regretted doing it. It just makes puts me back that much farther when I do stuff like that. I find that if I check out these forums at least once a day I do a lot better. I didn't check in at all last weekend and that definitely didn't do me any favors. The people here are super supportive and motivating and will definitely help you out. Good luck and I look forward to seeing you in the threads!
Lakilaulea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 11:51 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

penmage is offline   Reply With Quote