Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 11-13-2012, 07:30 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 232/217/145

Height: 5'6"

Default Gained 8 pounds - want to come back to 3FC

Was on a roll with about a 20 pound weight loss in early June - hurt my foot - and that took until September to heal. Had pity party for myself. Have arthritis in my knees, neck and feet. Trying to pick myself up again and fight the good fight. Looking forward to reading your posts on all sorts of topics all over the board!
Looking to lose 50 pounds by May. Need to lose about 80 but 50 would be great. I was skinny my entire life until my babies were born - and my baby is almost 9.
chickadee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 07:38 AM   #2  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

Welcome back chickadee2! I know how it is to gain weight and come back. I gained about 30 lbs. of about 80 lbs. lost. Life happens, but the key is to jump back on track as soon as you can. I also know about pity parties! I'm the queen of 'em all! I have chronic daily migraines and I"ve tried every dietary, medical and holistic intervention. Nothing helps, but some things do make it worse so I stay away from those. The thing that I"ve repeatedly realized is that turning to food for comfort just exacerbates whatever problems I already have. Plus, I"m a huge fan of dressing up and expressing myself via clothes (shallow, but whatever works) and when I'm at a higher weight, I can't do that at all. So...just take it one step at a time. The good news is that you know what to do and you recognize the value of coming here and getting support.

Regarding losing by x amount of time...that I"m not a huge fan of. I feel like if that works for you, then awesome, but for most people, this will set them up to some disappointment and they will often times give up. I think the focus should be more on staying on plan and tweaking it if necessary and if you fall off plan, jump back on asap, but x amount of weight in x amount of time....not for me. I hope you don't mind me adding in my 2cents about that.

I look forward to reading about your progress. You can do it!
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 07:47 AM   #3  
Days Go By So Quickly

S/C/G: 194.4/174.2/160

Welcome back! I just joined yesterday and am so happy to get back into the saddle. Your not alone and good luck!
BleuMaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 08:26 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 232/ticker/155

Height: 5'10"

Welcome back, chickadee2!
Lakilaulea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 08:37 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 232/217/145

Thanks for the welcomes
Luckymommy - you are right 50 pounds is a big goal - I am trying to take it in 10 pound celebrations. But I'm stuck at 220 and haven't gone under 210 in years. I miss 140 so much. I hope to find it again on my scale. Staying motivated is hard when I can find every excuse out there. Health problems, loss of a parent, etc. etc. My kids are in school all day so I am home alone - and I could make the most of that time by working out and burning calories and planning healthy meals. When I feel like a slug it's hard to get up and go but I'm trying - thank you again for the welcome backs!!!!!
chickadee2 is offline   Reply With Quote