Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 11-05-2012, 08:11 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 315/300/200

Height: 5'6

Default Hoping this Works!

Hello! I'm Niki. I'm 27 and from Iowa. I live in a smallish town with my husband, dog and two cats. I work as the IT Manager at a food co-op and I have my own computer services/web design business on the side.

I have struggled with my weight all my life. I am definitly at my heaviest right now and need to change that. I have PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome)- which makes it hard to lose the weight but I can't let that be my excuse.

We eat whole, organic foods. We don't eat any processed food, very little sugar, no hydrogentated oils, etc but the weight just won't leave. It's a matter of exercise. The PCOS-even though I'm on Metformin- make me low energy- so especially after work- I don't have it in me to get out and excercise. I'm trying to get up before work and walk the dog- even starting out with 20 minutes is better than nothing.

I'm excited to find a community of support here. I'd love to hear from anyone- especially people who also struggle with PCOS.

My main motivators are needing the to get healthy- I saw my father-in law die at 52 from not taking care of himself and I can't put my husband through that again. And I want to be able to get pregnant so bad- but right now I can't do that.

Last edited by nikers85; 11-05-2012 at 08:12 PM.
nikers85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 08:13 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 232/ticker/155

Height: 5'10"

Welcome, Niki and congrats on 15lbs. lost so far!
Lakilaulea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 08:22 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

and you have come to the right place for support.

Check out http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/pcos...ce-support-70/ to meet some others with the same challenges.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 02:13 PM   #4  
Claim it ,Achieve it!

S/C/G: 212/104.2/120

Height: 5'2"

Welcome Niki- I do the same thing walking my dogs and doing training. I find it a great diversion from thinking about food and it increases my thirst so I drink more water . I do Ideal Protein am in in phase 1 so I was told walking was good and would not slow my weight loss down.
I want to eventually start working on toning and getting stronger but for now I'm trying to be patient and follow the protocol.
Good Luck and again welcome.
Roo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 11:38 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Hi Niki! Welcome to 3FC
penmage is offline   Reply With Quote