Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 11-04-2012, 07:07 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/186/140

Height: 5'4

Default HI Everyone - New and Ready for help...

Hi All,

My name is Bethan and I am 26 years old. I have struggled with my weight my whole life. My story may not be that unique but hopefully it will help me relate to some people on here who might be able to help get me motivated.

In high school I generally weighed around 180, in college I gained another twenty pounds. I was living in Michigan at the time and after moving to New Orleans I decided to make some changes. Surprisingly, even living in a town full of booze and fried food I was able to get down to 158 or so. I attribute this to the year round weather, spending time outdoors, and simple happiness. I started to gain my weight back in December of 2011 (an emotional time in addition to the natural excesses of food at this time of the year) and have now moved to Kentucky and weigh 186-190. It's cloudier and colder here, I don't have many friends, and I am very stressed out (in graduate school). I have joined the gym but have only been 4 times in the entire month. I can't seem to get motivated and I feel as though food is the only thing that seems to be able to make me happy lately.

My boyfriend and lab-mate live with me but my lab-mate is already thin and doesn't seem to have the motivational issues I do when it comes to eating well and working out. I would consider having her help me get motivated but we see each-other far too much as it is so I'd like to avoid having our lives too inter-meshed.

My boyfriend is a very sedentary man, he is content doing nothing active all day and doesn't seem to care if he even goes outside some days. Without friends here I am left without the activity partners I used to have.

SO that's my story. I want to be active, healthy and happy again. I would like to weigh 140 at the end of my weight loss journey.

So a big hello to everyone! Any support you can give would be very much appreciated and any support I can offer I will! <3
Bethyboop26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 07:43 PM   #2  

Height: 5'8.5"

Hello and

I could not help but notice how frequently you referred to motivation. Just have to say that IMO motivation is highly overrated. Losing weight and getting in shape has to be a *decision* you make and stick with whether or not you "feel" motivated. Feelings are far too fickle to be relied upon. I certainly understand as currently I am going through a plateau of several weeks that just makes me want to throw up my hands and forget it. But I won't.. because I have made a *decision* to do this. I certainly don't feel motivated LOL.

What sort of eating plan are you on? And yes, it can be harder this time of year, but nothing says you have to give in and eat a lot over the holidays.

I wish you the best of success. Glad you came here, and I hope you choose to become involved. You can do this.
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 07:52 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 230/230/170

Height: 5 7

I am new also to this site... hope to lose 50 plus pounds. Been doing the Weight Watchers points plus for a week now and am liking it. Gradually walking more and more every day.. starting to get a bit easier now.. good luck to you in your weight loss.. hope it isnt too hard on you..
pupper is offline   Reply With Quote