Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 10-18-2012, 08:38 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 154/154/128

Height: 5 foot 1 inch

Unhappy Somebody Please Help Me

I am 43years old 157cm tall and 70kgs. My weight is making me so depressed that I sometimes just want to die. I know this sounds extreme but I use to be 52kgs but over the last 4 years my weight has just gone up and up and I have no clothes that fit me comfortablely. I hate what I look like and hate myself for not being able to loose the weight. I eat health and exercise regularly and have even been to the doctor to see if there was a reason I was not able to lose weight but all my tests came back good except for my liver function (which is high). The doctor even gave me weight loss tablets but they didn't work at all. I can't afford to go to a gym or any weight loss programs so I walk, cycle, do weights at home and eat healthy food....have even started juicing 2 weeks ago to replace breakfast but still my weight is not bugging if anything it seems to consistently go up a few hundred grams a week. Can someone please help me???? Tell me what to do or offer any advice??? PLEASE I AM SO DESPERATE
von69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 08:54 PM   #2  
Low Carb

S/C/G: 225/ ticker /135

Height: 5' 2"

Try a low carb lifestyle for 2 wks & STOP being so hard on yourself. I don't know about you but ALOT of carbs (good or bad) are NOT my friend & be KIND to YOURSELF ! I wish you the VERY BEST & keep coming here lot's of good people & advice.
1spunkygal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 09:14 PM   #3  
Angela

S/C/G: 155/138/126

Height: 5'6"

also if you do eat carbs.
try complex carb instead of simple carbs.
I eat whole grains.
masterptr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 10:30 PM   #4  

I eat fruit, veg, chicken, rice, red meat, fish, nuts. Have started having beetroot, carrot, zuchini, blueberry, pear and apple juice in the mornings as I was told beetroot and carrot juice would help my liver. Don't eat much bread or pasta (I am gluten intolerant so go for gluten free options). I walk or cycle 3-4 times a week. And I am still putting weight on not taking it off. What should I do?
Old 10-19-2012, 12:30 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 191/178/145

Height: 5' 9

If you eat carbs then make sure to eat at least double the amount in Protein and high in Dietary fiber. So if you have an item that is 24 carbs, ensure that you balance it with at least 12 grams or more of protein.. Eat most your carbs in the morning if you have to eat carbs.. Eat like a king in the morning, a prince at lunch and a princess at dinner.. Try using smaller plates that has helped me in the past. If you have to snack, eat nuts, peanuts, walnuts.. almonds are my friend.. i am a snacker and I have them everywhere around me. I hope these small tips help to get you started.. Don't feel frustrated, asking for help is the first step.. Good luck, we are all routing for you..
sklandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 12:34 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 191/178/145

Height: 5' 9

Carrot has quite a bit of sugar so that may be something. Are you on any vitamins? Do you eat any greens?
sklandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 01:05 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 155/see ticker/130

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by von69 View Post
I eat fruit, veg, chicken, rice, red meat, fish, nuts. Have started having beetroot, carrot, zuchini, blueberry, pear and apple juice in the mornings as I was told beetroot and carrot juice would help my liver. Don't eat much bread or pasta (I am gluten intolerant so go for gluten free options). I walk or cycle 3-4 times a week. And I am still putting weight on not taking it off. What should I do?

Hey! I really do feel your pain. Last summer I tried juicing for 2 weeks, tried eating healthy and also 4hr workouts 3 times a week nothing helped! Havent lost anything and just decided to give up. This past summer I came to a realization that by trying to eat "healthy" I ate a lot, and I mean A LOT of fruits. They are healthy for you, but in moderate amounts. Try to eat 1-2 full fruits a day and add a lot of veggies (especially green, like lettuce,spinach,etc). Also when you just start you won't lose any weight scale-wise. My trainer told me that muscle tends to hold on to water weight when you first start exercising.. I hope everything works out for you!! Trust me I'm on the same page here. Have been trying to lose weight for about a year and nothing is working.
youngnstrong7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 02:39 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 162/129/120

Height: 5'6''... and a half

Quote:
Originally Posted by von69 View Post
...and have even been to the doctor to see if there was a reason I was not able to lose weight but all my tests came back good except for my liver function (which is high).
Did your doctor check your thyroid?

Last edited by EricAnn; 10-19-2012 at 02:40 AM.
EricAnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 09:10 AM   #9  

Thankyou to everyone who has replied. For the first time in years of trying to lose weight I actually feel like I have support from people who understand what I am experiencing.

Yes my thyroid was checked and is functioning normally. And no I don't take any vitamins but I do eat alot of greens. I love my vegetables and protein.

I am starting to think short of eating a lettuce leaf a day and exercising for 3-4 hours a day I may never loose the weight.
Old 10-19-2012, 09:50 AM   #10  
Joe

S/C/G: 405/249.5/281.5/220

Height: 6' 0"

I know you said that you don't have the money to go to a gym or weight loss clinic. While many people find it very helpful to go to weight loss clinics, it is not necessary. You CAN do it on your own. I have been doing it for almost 3 months now on my own and have been losing weight just fine. Many people go to the clinics for the coaching. Well, on this site you can get all of the help and encouragement you will ever need -- and I see you have already been getting it. As far as exercise goes. You don't have to join a gym to get started. To begin, just start walking! If you want to tone up, do some other exercises. You can find free ones online on Youtube. Just do a Google search of "exercise video youtube" -- or something like that -- and you'll find lots of exercise videos. And like the others said, don't be so down on yourself. You've taken the first step and realized that you need to do something about your weight. You don't have that far to go to get to your goal.

You don't have to restrict yourself to eating a few lettuce leafs a day or exercise for 3-4 hours to lose weight. What helps for many people is to keep a journal of what they eat so that they REALLY know how much calories, fat, carbs, etc. they are consuming. Sometimes, when we write it down, we realize that we weren't really eating what we needed to eat to lose weight. If I may ask, what is your normal daily diet consist of?

Last edited by joefla70; 10-19-2012 at 09:51 AM.
joefla70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 10:31 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 220/213/155

Height: 5'7"

Von69,

I agree with 1spunkygal, you are being too hard on yourself Don't get discouraged, just try something else. If I were you, I would add calorie counting to your diet, since you have tried other things with no success. You may just be taking in too much... Good luck

End of the Year Goal:

Long Term Goal:

Last edited by superwoman; 10-22-2012 at 09:28 AM. Reason: Adding my signature
superwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 11:12 AM   #12  
Low Carb

S/C/G: 225/ ticker /135

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by superwoman View Post
Von69,

I agree with 1spunkygal, you are being too hard on yourself Don't get discouraged, just try something else. If I were you, I would add calorie counting to your diet, since you have tried other things with no success. You may just be taking in too much... Good luck
superwoman

calorie counting is good too & once again lighten up on yourself beating ourselves up NEVER works
1spunkygal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 07:38 PM   #13  

Thankyou everyone....I am starting to think maybe I can do this...maybe I do need to count my calories and write down what I eat and just keep trying...

joefla70...my normal daily food intake would be....breakfast - beetroot, carrot, zuchini, blueberry, apple juice
lunch - huge salad with either lite ham or turkey
dinner - grilled chicken and rice with asian greens

But last night I must say i was so upset withmy self that I ate 6 squares of white chocolate and about 15 lollies (candy). My husband and I are seperated (he had an affair with another woman and moved out but now he wants to get back together) and when he visits he usually brings chocolate and lollies. I think he may be trying to sabotage my dieting so I don't find someone else and move on. I know no one can force me to eat it but when he is around I feel so sad and down on myself that food is my source of comfort.
Old 10-19-2012, 10:01 PM   #14  
Warrior Princess

Use Myfitnesspal.com (it's free ) to track ALL of your calories and exercise. Also, I would up the exercise to 5-6 days a week. Good luck.
novangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 10:38 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 143/Ticker/(108-110)

Height: 5'4"

Hey von, maybe you can try lessening the amount of fruit you have in the morning, it could be a lot of sugar. Especially the apple juice, juice is known to have a lot! And you should have snacks in between breakfast/lunch and lunch/dinner, you might be staying at the same weight because your body retains onto the energy it gains from those meals.. If you have snacks in between on a regular basis, it will get used to it, and burn off the calories from breakfast/lunch to make room for the snacks (preferably about 2 hours after each meal).

Another tip is maybe watch out for processed meats, just to be safe, you can't be too sure if it is mixed with other things.. Try grilled chicken breast, or turkey, or extra lean beef or grilled salmon.

And are you drinking enough water? Have at least 1.5 L of water per day, and maybe try to go a week with out salt so your body can detox the water weight.

Lastly, don't be don't be depressed!!! Stressing could be a big factor in you not losing weight, and make sure you are getting enough sleep! So good luck!! And don't lose hope
treesa76 is offline   Reply With Quote