Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 09-29-2012, 12:59 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 270/265/150

Height: 5'9"

Default Hi! I just joined today. Thank goodness, because I need help!

Hi all! My name is Katie (obviously) and I'm 23. I started this whole dieting thing when my fiancé, Tim, popped the question on Christmas day. I've always wanted to get to a healthy weight, and I decided I really wanna look fantastic for the wedding (June 1, 2013), and so it began. Everything was going so well. In December I weighed around 265, and by April I was down in the 230's. Then, I lost my job in late May. (Insert tragic *dun dun duuunnnn* sound) I fell into depression and got lazy and ate whatever made me feel better for the moment. I now weigh even more than ever! I still haven't landed a job yet, but after finding this online community, I realized that I'm not alone in struggling with weight loss. I joined because I could use some serious encouragement, and I'd love to get to a point in my life where I'm able to encourage others to ditch their fat also!
KatieBabyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 10:22 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 260/255/165

Height: 5'4

Hi Katie,
Congratulations on your engagement! I know exactly how you feel, I was unemployed a few months after I had my daughter (she's 3 now), but I remember how depressing that time was for me, I think that is why I didn't lose any of my baby weight.
Anyways I finally have decided to stop feeling sorry for myself and do something about all this unwanted weight! I'm currently 260 (my first weigh in is on Monday) and I hope I have lost some weight, this week I have really dedicated myself to eating right. I'm on weight watchers, but anyways we can do this together..don't give up!
Felicia86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 10:48 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 165/132/125 or 115? not sure

Height: 5'4" (on a good-hair day!)

Sorry to hear about your job loss, that is certainly enough to cause depression & weight gain. But just remind yourself you lost weight last winter, you can do it again! Glad you found the forum!
Mountain Mamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 11:56 PM   #4  

Height: 5'8.5"

Hello Katie, and And welcome to you too, Felicia.

Katie, so glad you found the forum and yes, there is a lot of encouragement here. The best part, I think, is that we find ways to make losing weight FUN rather than a drudge. I hope you stick around and I have no doubt that soon you too will feel that you can offer support and encouragement to others.

What type of eating and exercise plan are you on?
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 12:49 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 270/265/150

Height: 5'9"

Thank you all for making me feel at home! I'm counting calories with the MyFitnessPal app on my phone. I've also been wasting $20 a month on a gym membership, so hopefully I can push myself to make use of that.
KatieBabyy is offline   Reply With Quote