Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 09-26-2012, 04:19 PM   #1  
shadowfairy4ever

S/C/G: 160/158/120

Height: 5 foot 4

Default hello new here. and struggling with weight

I was 110 before I had my son ..it was a year and i dropped off the pounds that i gained which was 169. i recently had a daughter july 22 and i weighted 170 and after the baby i am 160 . i dont know what to do to get the weight off. i have never been chubby so i never had to work out. didnt have to do it with my son either but now i am depressed about it. i am trying to eat just one time a day and drink liquids and cut junk food out. its been a week so far. i stopped breastfeeding. and trying to walk more.

do you think i can go back to my pre pregnancy weight of 130 at least by nov if i just eat one time a day?

anybody else done this?
shadowfairy4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 11:32 PM   #2  
Japanese Student

S/C/G: 230/ticker/120

Height: 5'3''

Hiya, and welcome!
Only eating one time a day isn't going to help. When your body doesn't have enough food, it starts turning to muscle, which you don't want. On top of that, it makes cravings worse, and you'll end up on a binge, which you don't want either.
You should start exercising. It doesn't have to be anything amazing, there are people who've lost plenty of weight just walking for at least 30 min. a day. Maybe some weight lifting on the side. Again, you don't need to lift like, 70 pounds, just whatever works for you.
I'd also recommend calorie counting. For losing weight, most people eat around 1500 calories a day, some more, some less. But you definitely don't want to starve yourself.
Weight loss isn't just losing weight, it's getting healthy too!
Spiritix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 11:59 PM   #3  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

Welcome to 3FatChicks! Losing weight is not related to how many times a day you eat or don't eat but it has more to do with how many calories you burn and how many you consume. If you eat more calories than you burn off, then you will gain. If you eat the same calories as you burn, you will maintain. And if you eat less calories than you burn, you will lose. There are lots of ways to go about this and if you peruse this sight, you will see there are many plans but they all come down to that simple formula. I recommend you figure out how many calories you typically consume in a day. You might even be able to eat about that amount or a little less and add some physical activity and you will lose weight. Building muscle via weight training is great because you burn calories even while you sleep as your body repairs. Remember that there's also water weight so don't expect to lose weight over night. It takes time and it isn't always predictable in that it may seem you're doing everything right and you don't lose and but if you're consistent and stick to it, you can do it! Be good to yourself! If you like eating only once a day then that may be ok for YOU, but really, you need to make sure you're eating enough calories or eventually it will catch up with you. Best of luck to you!
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote