Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 09-07-2012, 09:20 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 220/220/150

Height: 4'11"

Default Hello all

Hello all, I'm new here and looking for some help and encouragement while I lose weight.
I've always had problems with my weight and after 3 kids I'm a lot bigger than I should be. I've had health problems as well, having a stroke when I was 30 years old to just recently back in January to having some heart and kidney problems with high blood pressure.

I'm a full time mom of 3 sons and my hubby is going through a surgery soon to lose weight as well so we are on different "diets". But I have been promoting more veggies and fruits into my daily routine as well as my boys. Sometime in October we're going to be buying a family pass at the YMCA here where we live every month so that will be an extra boost to me losing weight. I joined here because it is hard with the kids and junk food and me losing weight so I am here for tips, encouragement and a little help along my way.

I'm happy to be here and looking forward to meeting you all.

Danielle / Wyldfyr

Last edited by Wyldfyr; 09-07-2012 at 09:52 AM.
Wyldfyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 09:59 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 160/155.5/122

Height: 5'4"

Hi, Danielle,

I just joined 3 Fat Chicks too. I started a cookie diet yesterday, and it went pretty well. The one thing I like best about dieting is all the vegetables I eat. On this diet I can't eat fruit until I reach goal, but I'll make up for it by eating lots of asparagus. My favorite!

I'm looking for threads where people do daily check-ins and maybe work towards monthly goals, but I'm finding the sheer size of the forum slightly overwhelming. I've done Nutrisystem in the past, and it was super helpful to have an online support community!

Best of luck!
TRom81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 10:12 AM   #3  

Awesome! Yeah, I know what you mean lol I'm looking around the site and I'm going OMG where do I start reading first! lol
Right now I'm not really on a "diet" I really hate that word diet. Has the word die in it so I avoid it lol
I'm just cutting down on portion sizes, eating veggie or fruit snacks during the day instead of chips or cookies or anything sweet. I drink lots of water, cut out the sodas and drink maybe a cup of coffee a day, some days I drink Green Tea.
Just changing what we eat around here is showing vast improvements already with me and my kids.
Old 09-07-2012, 11:01 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 160/155.5/122

Height: 5'4"

That's wonderful! I wonder if there is a board for healthy recipes for families. It would be great to share strategies for feeding the kids.
TRom81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 07:21 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 174/170/145

Height: 5"3 1/2"

Welcome to the forum, Danielle. I too am pretty new here but am finding some good info and nice people.
lorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 09:04 PM   #6  

So far, I'm just reading a lot of threads when I'm on a break from doing housework and it looks to be a lot of friendly people on here.