Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 09-01-2012, 07:25 PM   #1  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 225/225/150

Height: 5'5'

Question Trying to figure out how to start.

Hi. I'm Lola and this is my first post.

Like many others, I have tried to lose weight in the past. Sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't. A few years ago, I lost 40lbs and almost reached my goal of 150lbs (which was my pre-pregnancy weight). But slowly I have gained back that 40 plus another 30lbs. I am at my all time highest weight, and I am very frustrated because I weigh even more now than I did when I was 9 months pregnant.

I've read this forum frequently over the past several years and hope to find support here. I have not yet figured out what plan to follow. What I ultimately want is a lifestyle change, but I have no self control and can't afford expensive membership plans. I have tried calorie counting(hate it), Weight watchers(great, but too expensive), whole foods(good for me, hard for family), etc...

My first goal is to exercise tomorrow morning and make some better food choices for one day. That's the best I can do at the moment.
Pink Lola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 08:12 PM   #2  
Japanese Student

S/C/G: 230/ticker/120

Height: 5'3''

Welcome to the forums!
Starting can be difficult. You just gotta find what works for you because everyone's different. You gotta just do one thing at a time because it's too hard to make your body change too fast. One of the things I've done is, I stopped drinking soda, and primarily only drink water. I didn't ever drink regular soda, I just drank diet, but water's still better. You could also add in walking around a little more, just walking, and that'll be a good start.
It's gonna take time, but if you're patient, and don't give up, then you'll make it!
Spiritix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 08:40 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 206/186/160

Height: 5"2

Hello and welcome I just wanted to remind you that we all have been right where you are at start and it really gos a lot faster and easier when you have a plan you really like I love IP and think you should research and take one day at a time. Best of luck
Yesmyqueen is offline   Reply With Quote