Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 08-30-2012, 02:36 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 182/182/140

Default My Story

I am a 49 year old Grandma. Up until this year, I always considered myself "healthy". I had a great job, that I loved and a wonderful family....little did I know that my family history had cursed me with High Blood Pressure. They call it the "Silent Killer" for a good reason. In February I found myself in the hospital, suffering from a TIA or a Mini Stroke! As I lay there, all I could think about was my Son, Daughter and 2 year old Grandson. I hadn't done half of the things I had planned to do with them or with my life! The recovery has been long, but I am pleased to say that I feel much better.

Thanks to my Daughter (Michelle Palazzolo) I have changed my lifestyle and I changed how I eat. We both have always been on one diet or another. Between the two of us, we have tried them all. But, we both still suffered with poor self-esteem & body image. The weight would come off, but we always had areas that needed toning or firming. The inches just never seemed to go away.

I live on an island off of the coast of NC, we recently lost our WW group because we were too small. So, I am looking for new friends, new experiences, basically new hope.
chatteras62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 02:42 PM   #2  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 195/195/170

Height: 5'3"

Your story really scares me. You are not much older than me and man oh man, I am scared of having a heart attack or stroke (in my close family blood lines).
Good for you and your daughter for making a healthy lifestyle change.
Wishing you all the best on your journey!
NEMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 02:46 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 182/182/140

Default Yes Indeed

It is scary! I had no idea anything was wrong ~ untill I was pushing the vaccum cleaner one night at work, and started having chest pains! We are an hour & 1/2 away from the nearest hospital. By the times I got there my left side was numb! It has taken 6 months to get my BP regulated, and I still have numbness in my hand and arm.
chatteras62 is offline   Reply With Quote