Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 08-24-2012, 02:50 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 185/185/130

Height: 5'6

Cool Looking for support and advice : )

Hola ladies!

I'm a 24 and I have gained weight over the last year, about 10kg, 22lbs and am looking forward to losing it, but I just can't find the willpower to start a diet and stick with it!

I now weigh in at 84kg 185lbs and I'm 168cm 5'6ft tall, so its starting to bother me a little. BMI 29.8.

My goal is to lose about 50lbs and weight somewhere between 130-140lbs, and I don't care how long it takes, I just want to stick to it and to change, and take on a new lifestyle that includes major positive thinking and healthy habits, sooo I came to this website looking for inspiring women that are in the same boat as me and that are positive and motivated and I hope I can be the same for you!!

Ttys!

Last edited by healthandpositivity; 08-24-2012 at 02:50 PM.
healthandpositivity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 02:53 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 223/130/126

Height: 5ft 5

Hello and welcome to the forum

Nice username!

There are certainly lots of inspirational people around the forum. Reading the inspirational stories of others is what encouraged me to sign up in the first place.

Have fun settling in and best of luck with the weightloss!
1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 03:05 PM   #3  

Hey thanks 1987!! : )
Old 08-24-2012, 03:37 PM   #4  
They call me Nunu!

Height: 170 cms/ 5’7

Hey there, I just started today and my stats are similar to yours, 1,70 mts, 82 kilos and I live in Barcelona... I started calorie counting at about 1300- 1400 calories...
What eating and exercise plan are you going to follow?
I guess with the heat down there it´s hard to exercise, I`m trying to get some running in, but it´s kind of hard right now with the high temperature and over 80% humidity!
FiftyFive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 08:17 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 200+/147/140

Height: 5'3

You might find it easier to make several small changes over time rather than change your whole life all at once. Several years ago I got started by cutting out soda (including diet) and other sugary drinks. I only allowed myself 2 cans a month and in about 2 months dropped 10 pounds.

If you have a particular fast food joint you frequent too often you can cut that. Maybe start adding a serving of fruit/veg to each meal, or trying to add some exercise to your schedule. Just pick one thing to change every couple weeks, make it habit, and then add another. Over time all these little habits will add up to weight loss!

Good luck!
Coldsoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 05:57 PM   #6  

@Coldsoup

Thanks so much for your advice. I´m starting to limit my sugar intake and replacing sweets for fruits and cutting back on chocolate and cheese. I´ll keep your words in mind : ).

@Fiftyfive, Qué tal!?
This is my general overview of a plan:

Substitute bread, milk, and sweets for fruit, green tea, and fish.
Cut back on cheese and substitute ice cream for yogurt.

Only eat at specific times like the spanish style of eating 5 times a day: 9am, 1130am, 330pm, 630pm, 10pm. So basically breakfast, mid morning snack, lunch, merienda, and dinner.

I´ve also started chewing more and eating slower and I made a rule of always setting the table before eating a full meal..

And I want to try jogging at night. I live in Madrid where its suuuper hot right now, and can only exercise at night or really early in the morning because otherwise I feel like I´m melting hehe..
I´ve found that there are quite a few joggers out after 10pm though.

What do you think?