Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 08-22-2012, 09:56 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 234/180

Height: 5'5"

Default somethings gotta give.....

Hello 3FC members!
I'm brand new to this site and really not even sure what to do next. I am a 41 year old full time working mother of 2 (9&7). Like most, there is never enough time in the day. I often use this excuse to justify why I eat terribly or don't exercise. But I woke up this morning and happened to step on the scale (something I very rarely do). Well to my surprise, I'm now tipping the scales above 230. How did I get here? Anyway, I decided enough is enough....somethings gotta give. I cannot continue down this path for any variety of reasons. My health, my kids, my self esteem...take your pick. My real problem is, I'm just plain lazy. Seriously. I'm usually so busy with kids/work/house, that if I ever have a few free minutes, all I really want do is plop my butt on the couch with a bag of chips. I did WW a few years back and was fairly successful (lost 37 lbs). Of course, that has all been put back on and then some. But right now, the thing that I'm holding on to is that I did it once, I can do it again. I've got to go dig out some motivation....maybe its buried somewhere in the back of my closet. I welcome ANY advice regarding anything.
Ciao.
chipaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 11:07 PM   #2  

Height: 5'8.5"

Hi chipaddict, and welcome to the forum! Yes, it is all to easy to find "reasons" why we can't do it! But around here it is nice because together we find ways we CAN do it! Accountability helps... you are welcome to join our daily check in thread. I find it very helpful

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weig...welcome-8.html
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 11:15 PM   #3  
Katrina

S/C/G: 162/see ticker/130

Height: 5'6

Welcome!

Diet is the first part of weight loss and can really help get you motivated towards adding exercise. I suggest becoming familiar with some easy, healthy make-a-head freezer meals. This will be a life saver on those days where you've been running around the entire day and have zero energy.

Another great motivator is the "goal" album. Good luck and I hope to see you around!
Candeka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 10:47 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 198/161/127 (started 03/2012)

Height: 5'1"

For me checking in (I'm on Misti's check in LOL) and having a plan helps tremendously. Also realizing that nothing is linear, you may on "average" lose say 1 pound a week, but some weeks it will be 0 and others 3 pounds...don't use those weeks as reasons to stop! You can do this!!!
SerenityDiva is offline   Reply With Quote