Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 08-06-2012, 01:03 AM   #1  

Height: 5 Feet 11 Inches

Default Tired

I'm so tired of starting diet after diet, never to have one last even a week. Wonder what the point is. Get depressed, eat more. A lot of you may relate, I'm just so tired. I will weigh in tomorrow but why? Why?
Troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 01:07 AM   #2  

Hi there, I also have started diet after diet. Don't look at it as a diet look at it as a lifestyle change. Check-in when you feel like eating that bowl of ice cream, cookies and what not. It will make you feel better. Good luck.
Campana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 01:39 AM   #3  

Height: 5'8.5"

Hi Troutman

A lot of us have "been there, done that." Why try again? Because past failure does not mean we can't try again and do it! As Campana said, don't think of it as a diet but rather a lifestyle change. There is a lot of support and encouragement here. It really helps to become involved in sharing with others.
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 02:40 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 302/292/130

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troutman View Post
I'm so tired of starting diet after diet, never to have one last even a week. Wonder what the point is. Get depressed, eat more. A lot of you may relate, I'm just so tired. I will weigh in tomorrow but why? Why?
The most important thing to remember is this: if you fall off the wagon once, that does not mean you have failed. It just means that at your next meal, you make a healthier choice. It's not 'starting again'; it's having an off day. As long as you recognize what you've done, why you've done it, and continue to make an effort to change that behavior, it's not failure.

You can do this.
devnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 05:10 AM   #5  

Been there. Done that. You have to continue trying because YOU are the only one who can do this FOR YOU. No one can do it for you.

Just wake up each morning, taking it one day at a time. You can do it. We can all do it, as long as we never give up.
hatgirlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 09:49 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 293/ticker/170

Height: 5'6"

I've asked myself that so many times it hurt my brain. Why? Why try at all? Counting the calories and going to the gym netted me a weight gain. Why keep going? Why keep up the diet and starve if it isn't doing any good.

And then I would look around me. In the mirror. At my husband. At my family. At my daughter. Oh...that's why. Because if I give up on getting healthy, I let them down. They rely on me more than I rely on me. They believe in me more than I believe in me.

So, I would try again. And again. And just one more time. Nothing. And then cycle started right back where it left off.

Until four weeks ago. I woke up and decided I don't want to be fat anymore. I don't want my daughter to remember me as fat. I don't want my daughter to think it is okay to be this big. I don't want my daughter putting me in the ground when she is 12. I am done with being fat. If I couldn't do this by myself, by God, I would get help. I went to my doctor. Laid it all out in front of her. My excercise and food journals. Cried my eyes out about how I had tried. Asked for help, any kind of help. She pointed me in a new direction I hadn't thought about previously. I am now 18 pounds lighter today than I was a month ago.

When your thoughts change and you get determined, you'll be amazed how easy it is to lose the weight. WELL...maybe not easy. I really crave my rice and bread, but easy none the less. When I thought I was really trying before, I realized that I SAID I was trying. I wasn't really giving it my all. Now, I am. I will NOT be fat the rest of my life. I WILL lose this weight and it WILL stay gone forever. If it take me the rest of my life, I WILL be healthy. I have no choice. If not for me, for my kid.

You ask why? The answer is really simple....because why not? This is the only thing you can ever do in life that when someone asks, "What could you possibly lose if you try?" you can answer with, "My freaking weight! But if I don't try, I could lose my life!" To me, that is why.

Have faith. Keep trying. And chin up. It is always darkest before the light.

Last edited by zoesmom; 08-06-2012 at 09:51 AM.
zoesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 10:00 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 76/ticker/56 (kg)

Height: 1.61cm (~5'3")

What diet plan are you currently on? Perhaps it would be easier to make small tweaks instead of a complete overhaul? I personally can never adhere to a prescribed diet so I've decided to incorporate small changes through the year, starting by reducing sugared drinks, and slowly introducing more fruits and vegetables among other changes. Slow, steady and no hard and fast rules to stick to. Hope you find a method that works for you soon! Press on!
TheGreenerSide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 09:07 PM   #8  

Height: 5 Feet 11 Inches

I did start on Monday. Have been doing better, but not good. Weighed in Monday at 282.75 Lb.s
Troutman is offline   Reply With Quote