Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 07-24-2012, 09:57 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 182/182/140

Height: 5'4

Default Giving it ANOTHER shot!

Hi everyone!
I thought I try this out since I seem to be having trouble getting started this time. About 2 years ago, I lost 50 lbs. I have since then gained back 30 of the 50 lbs. I'm thinking its well PAST time to get off my but before its all 50 and get the 30 lbs back off! I am currently 5 '4 and weigh 182 lbs. I am getting married in March and REALLY don't want to start looking for dresses until I can put one on without feeling like its a tent!
I'm not so great at the working out, but do pretty good on my caloric intake if I make sure I'm paying attention. Any suggestions and tips are GREATLY appreciated! I really want to be down 30 to 40 lbs bt December! ( I know not a good time of year for weight loss) Thanks for taking the time to read this!
tona50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 05:56 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 217/164/132

Height: 5'5

Default Me Too!

Hey tona50!

I'm in the same boat!!!!

I lost 50 pounds for my wedding, four years ago , and here is something that should motivate you... I gained the fifty back and then another thirty to top it off! So good for you for stopping this now

If diet is not a problem for you then you are already in a great place. In terms of working out... I am NOT a runner by ANY stretch of the imagination BUT I got this free app on my BB (my husband later got it free on his iPhone), it's called Coach to 5K, and it's a 9 week program that coaches you through runnning 5K. It's great! I love it! I'm in week 4 and I can see such a huge difference in my ability to run. Not only that but you get a check mark at the end!!!! (On my husbands phone, he gets badges) And even though it's the dumbest reason to be motivated, I love getting them!!!

There are other apps too - there's a pushup app, skipping app and all kids of different workout challenges that are free downloads. Try them! It's a good way to start with small goals.

Good Luck!

1yr2mkovr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 11:44 AM   #3  

Height: 5'6"

Welcome! I can feel your pain. I have done the same thing, lost & regained. You KNOW you can lose weight. You KNOW what worked before. Have faith in that. That is what I am doing. I trust that I know how to lose weight and have done it before.

My problem has always been that as soon as I am at my ideal weight, I get pregnant and blow up again. :S I'm not complaining. I never had a baby I didn't try for, but now I'm done having babies, I believe. I feel if I can hit my target weight, I can maintain it.

Good luck on your weight loss journey.
IAmTheGlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 02:18 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 182/182/140

Height: 5'4

Thanks everyone for the support!!!!
1yr2mkovr- Thanks for the APP ideas. I WAS a runner before..thats how I got the majority of my weight off before...maybe one of these app's will help motivate me back into it? One can hope! I was up to 5 mile runs when I quit before...I had to have my gallbladder removed & everything seemed to go down hill after the surgery. Thanks for the tips and good luck!

newjourney2012- I have been back & fourth very similar to you.... Getting mad at myself and going CRAZY on food has happened to me to...But NOT this time!!! Sounds like you know what you need to do too and CAN cause you have before too...SO GOOD LUCK!! I need to look into classes in my area..but have felt REALLY self concience in the past in classes. I need to get over it or try something else. Thanks!

Iamtheglue- FaiTH...sounds simple, but not always right? But you hit it dead on with me. I give up (mostly on myself) entirely too easily. Maybe my new motto will be keep the faith! lol. I did the baby weight gain also..after my first son it took 2 years to loose the weight then 3 weeks later boom ...another one on the way...took even longer that time, and now I only have myself to blame...but no more...this is time time right? for both of us. its gonna come off and stay off! good luck!
tona50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 05:55 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 217/164/132

Height: 5'5

Good for you NJ2012!

That is totally the right attitude! I know that when I was super embarassed to go, I'd work it up so much in my mind, but the truth is that there are always people who are larger, smaller, more fit, less fit... And I've never felt judged by anybody other than myself.

Hopefully, your body will "remember" some of your previous skills. I'm told that it's easier to regain the skills then to build from scratch.

About not looking at the scale... I know it's hard, but rather than thinking about it as how "bad it's become", think about it as a point from which you'll be able to measure how much you had accomplished! Even if you are in the high two's, imagine in a year or so, meeting your goal, and being able to say that you'd lost a hundred pounds (or whatever it'll be).
1yr2mkovr is offline   Reply With Quote