Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 07-02-2012, 12:09 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 280/272/150

Height: 5'6''

Red face "New" Here... Needing to lose for a baby, and to love myself.

I've been a member of this community since a couple years ago. I would pop on here every now to look at people's goal posts... and I would get depressed... Unfortunately really didn't interact with the community and I've never really given weight loss more than a few weeks before giving up.

Now I have a blog on here and I'm trying for a lifestyle change this time. I want to have a baby and my weight is preventing that. Slow and steady, however frustrating it can be at times, will win this race. I'm interested in finding and giving some support through this.
Jenjensgettinhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 12:17 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 150

Height: 5'4

Hi am new too. Just started p90x and reduced calorie diet . Would be helpful to login everyday and be accountable. Anyone want to help me.
Annamariepadilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 12:31 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 254/223.3/150

Height: 5'4

Hello, just joined a week ago. I'm getting married in May of next and I want to try for a family right after. Hoping to get down to 150 by then. My OB doctor says I should be down to no heavier than 170. Slow and steady is the right attitude. Good luck to you both! I've been thinking about P90x too....how is that working for you?

corinthian314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 02:34 AM   #4  

Default losing weight for baby also

response to jenjen

This is my first time on a blog. I am responding to your three blogs. I am not sure how to do this. I will have to figure out how to find your response. Bear with me
I am 190 pounds and hit my high weight at 204 pounds. My height is 5'1. I am also a teacher, elementary school

7 weeks ago I started my new approach to weightloss , at the time I was 197 pounds.I have yo-yo dieted all my life, joined weight watchers 10 years ago and lost 30 pounds. I gained it all back and more. I like weight watchers but I want to try a new approach. I am really focusing on life style change. I put the goal of 1 pound a week for weight loss. I want to lose 50 lbs.

I really dislike calorie and point tracking but I do not mind journaling what I eat on a daily basis. I have decided to focus on food quality and quantatity and weighing myself once a week to track my progress and learning to listen to my hunger. I am also trying to internalized the following idea- Everything I eat I consider it as a life long habit. Let me explain- If I want to eat a slice of Pizza( which I do not consider a healthy choice from my favorite pizza place) I go through the following thought process, I ask my self 1. How has my eating been this week?2. Did I meet my goal of losing 1 lb? 3. If I don't eat the Pizza today am I OK with eating it in the future?
Many times I have already eaten something I craved or really wanted earlier or the day before. I therefor feel committed to saying no, I will have to wait for another time. I do not frame it in my mind as a reward- I have eaten well for a week I therefor can treat myself- I have done this in the past and it did not work. It created a build up to binging. I ate well for a month and thought - I can now eat what ever I want for a whole day.Psychologically and phisically this was not good. It encouraged to let go of self control and it wreaked havoc on my body. The one day binge turned to a one week binge, then it turned to a month and that is how I ended up at 204 pounds. Doctors told me if I lost the weight I could probably get pregnant, they told me this 6 years ago. I am 38 and I feel alot of guilt and pressure.
I have spent money on fertility treatment.

I have very little support, my husband has his own eating issues. He is a great guy and I love him dearly but he has what I believe is a food addiction and is in complete denial. I was the same way but I am the one who has to get pregnant and this has forced me to slowly face reality. I am actually truly grateful and think it is God taking care of me. If I could get pregnant I don't think I would have faced my food problems. I truly see it as a grace from God, a loving parent, being firm and stern with me, telling me I need to get healthy. If I get healthy it naturally spills over for my husband and he benefits. I have the hope that I can lead my husband by example. As you can imagine I have alot of stress on me. I have had to cope with this. I have to focus on me and not my husband, I can't make him want to change, but I can make myself.

I am looking for a weighloss buddy-if you are interested.
Let me know if you are looking for support or what kind of support. Even if it is just to share your success. I think it is great you are blogging, exercising, and downloaded an ap(I am jealous, tracking calories. That is awsome!

Last edited by paris13; 07-02-2012 at 02:39 AM.
paris13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 02:45 AM   #5  
Hi there!

S/C/G: Ticker

Height: 5' 5"

Welcome!

Good luck with your goals. You'll find some good support here.

I'd like to give you a piece of advice, which you can feel free to ignore if you want.

I think you'll have a much better time of losing weight, and you'll hate it much less (maybe even enjoy it), if you don't lose weight in order to love yourself as your post title says. Lose weight BECAUSE you love yourself, because you think you're worth the effort already, because you want to be healthy and strong to carry and care for your future baby.

If you start this with love for yourself already, it'll go a lot easier. Some people find motivation in their perceived imperfections. I do, so long as I look at them as potential strengths.

I hope that makes some sense. If not, just remember to be kind to yourself while you're losing weight. Don't punish yourself for being overweight. Whenever I do that, it just makes me lose more ground.

Good luck with everything, and congrats to you and your partner on deciding to have a baby! How exciting!
LiannaKole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 06:13 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 288/288/175

Height: 174cm

Hello and welcome!

One of my reasons for losing weight is to have babies too. I've not got any fertility issues relating to my weight, so far as I know, but small kids need healthy parents who can run around after them, and that's what I want to be. It's an excellent motivator!
Brid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 10:17 AM   #7  
Nique, Brazilian, Age 35

S/C/G: 187/187/130

Height: 5'3"

Response to jenjen and paris 13

Hi everybody!

I joined this forum during the weekend and I am also decided to lose some weight and get fit in order to have a baby.
I am 35 and I haven't yet tried to get pregnant because I am too scared of my body and I feel as I wouldn't be able to hold a healthy pregnancy, deliver a healthy baby and have the energy to take care of him/her afterwards. It's a sad feeling and I totally relate to what you guys are going through.
I've kinda been yo yo dieting my whole life, which is a terrible habit, but my weight fluctuation used to be 10 or 15 lbs, at maximum. Today, I am 50 lbs overweight and I don't really know how I let myself come to this point. I lost my core self in the middle of this process and my self-esteem disappeared. I've been trying to hide myself from life and I don't wanna live like that anymore - none of us deserve to feel this way!
I am married and my husband does not have weight issues, which makes it harder for him to understand "why I am doing this to myself", as he says. He's now trying to be supportive, but sometimes he just doesn't know how to deal with my feelings - and, honestly, neither do I. My husband wants a baby more than anything and he sees no problem in me getting pregnant at the size I am right now, but I just can't do that. I know how much my body aches and I wanna have an enjoyable pregnancy...

I am starting my weight loss program today and those are my goals:
- Keep on plan with the Weight Watchers PointsPlus (online)
- Track my points every day
- Eat less processed food
- Quit alcohol drinks (I really enjoy drinking wine or beer w/ my husband)
- Exercise 4 times /week (*actually, exercising is the most difficult and most important part of my life style change, since I've been sedentary my whole life and now I feel so much pain in my body, which I need to get rid of!)
- Start loving myself again - soon!!!

My goal is to eliminate 2 lbs/ week for 1 month; then 1 lb/ week for 5 months. Total of 35 pounds in 6 months (the end of the year).

I would love to have a weight loss buddy
Let's help and support each other!

Strength to all,

Nique
niquebrz77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 11:02 AM   #8  

Default nice

That's very kind of you. If can't do it by his/her self then maybe we can do it united.
virgiea68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 03:30 PM   #9  
ReStarted IP 26 June 2012

S/C/G: 199.8/See ticker/135

Height: 5'3.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiannaKole View Post
Lose weight BECAUSE you love yourself
That's a very powerful statement. Thank you, LiannaKole, for writing it.
cskristin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 04:32 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 280/272/150

Height: 5'6''

Thanks for the responses, we can do this!!!
Jenjensgettinhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 11:44 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 417/353.6/250

Height: 5'3

would love to have an accountablity buddy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annamariepadilla View Post
Hi am new too. Just started p90x and reduced calorie diet . Would be helpful to login everyday and be accountable. Anyone want to help me.
ALG918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 11:49 AM   #12  
Nique, Brazilian, Age 35

S/C/G: 187/187/130

Height: 5'3"

Would love to have an accountability buddy too! Let's?
niquebrz77 is offline   Reply With Quote