Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 06-23-2012, 03:12 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 172/165/132

Height: 5'8"

Default Just started losing weight and need motivation

Hi all!

I'm 24 and have been slightly overweight since I hit puberty. Although my weight has never spiralled completely out of control, I am fed up with being chubby, and I admit, always being fatter than my beautiful skinny girlfriends! I know from experience that losing even a few pounds will improve my general fitness and make me feel better.

This winter, I have finally started to make a proper effort by taking up a start-to-run, couch to 5k plan. Now that I've finished the plan, I need some motivation to further change my lifestyle. Although I definitely feel fitter and more energetic, the running hasn't resulted in much weight loss. In the last few weeks, since I have been doing longer runs of 40-50 minutes, I have managed to lose about 3 kg. Along with taking up running, I have also made small changes to my diet. I have always eaten relatively healthily but can't seem to cut unhealthy snacks altogether.. I'm afraid my bad snacking habits are sabotaging my weightloss plan, even though I have been eating significantly less than I was a few months ago.

Long story short, I need this forum for motivation to stick to a healthy diet and weightloss tips in general! Before I forget: at my heaviest I was 75 kg, which is about 165 lbs, and now I am 70 (154 lbs). My goal is 60 kg (132 lbs). I have gotten used to and grown to love the running, but I realise that this will not be enough to achieve any significant weight loss!

Good to be here.
runthecontinent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 03:41 PM   #2  

S/C/G: See tracker :3

Height: 5'5

You're on your way
Welcome. I wish I loved running.
Cardio is a great way to start.
Cutting unhealthy snacks is a toughy, a lot of people will tell you not to cut them out, but cut them in half If you take away everything all at once it's going to be nearly impossible to keep going.
Dunno if you're calorie counting but if you are, it's a good way to monitor and allow some snacks.
I've lost 40 and I still snack a little. :]

Glad you joined and I hope you find all the support you need here!!
DandelionCupcakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 04:06 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 172/165/132

Height: 5'8"

Thanks, that's really nice. :-)
Cutting snacks in half is a good idea; I could probably never keep up not snacking at all in the long term anyway! I have been calorie counting.. and I'm not doing too bad but I do know there's still a lot of room for improvement!

Great that you've lost that much already! Must feel amazing being halfway to your goal. :-)
runthecontinent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 04:25 PM   #4  

S/C/G: See tracker :3

Height: 5'5

Yeah, I feel like for me I had to realize that I could do a 'diet' for a few years but I would never stick to it. I'd end up gaining everything back so I had to be realistic. I like sweets way too much to expect myself to say goodbye to then forever.

It's hard to find the right amount to eat! Because if you eat too few calories, nothing good comes out of that D: That's why I like sites like SparkPeople

It feels nice but it's overwhelming sometimes because the more I lose the harder it is to keep losing, if that makes sense.
I have a habit of quitting half way
DandelionCupcakes is offline   Reply With Quote