Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 06-20-2012, 11:57 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 311/301/150

Height: 5"6"

Default New to 3FC, and looking for support

I am new to 3FC, but I have been dieting since I was a teenager. I am now 35 years old, and I still haven't been able to take the weight off. I have done every diet out there, and spent thousands of dollars doing them. My most recent attempt was 1 1/2 years on Weight Watchers, in which I only lost 11 pounds. I have been off of WW for 2 months, and I have maintained that loss.

I am here looking for support. My family's idea of support is to tell me how fat I am. My husband is supportive, but he just doesn't understand what I am going through. My doctor recently put me on Phentermine to help with my appetite. I love it, and it has helped me cut my calories by about 500 a day. But somehow I am still not losing weight. I don't want to give up, but I have a pattern of doing so at this point. I am hoping that by reading other's successes and struggles will help me get past this feeling, and in turn help me meet my goal.

Trina
trf0ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 12:32 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 185/177/150

Height: 5'2

Hi, Trina! I'm new as well, although I'm only 16.

I can relate to the family with their idea of using insults as "support." My parents are supportive of me however, yet my grandparents are just so negative about me losing weight.

I am also the harshest critic of my own body. I've made excuses for myself, felt sorry for myself, and cried over how I looked. I'm learning self-acceptance, right now. And, I'm doing this for myself, and not for others.

I've personally tried WW, and I lost about 8 lb. I had a 3 month subscription, but I only used it for one month (school got in the way) and I gained 15 lb.

Today's actually my birthday, and to celebrate, I'm joining my local Planet Fitness so that way I can become mentally and physically healthier!

I've been looking around 3FC, and I see a lot of inspiring stories and people, so 3FC is definitely not lacking on that area!

I wish you luck on your journey, and I hope to see you around on the forum, too!
ShetlandSheepdogLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 03:41 AM   #3  

S/C/G: see WT

Height: 5'6''

Hi, Trina, welcome! I think you've come to the best place for support.

I think many of us have the same issue with "support" at home - telling us repeatedly we are too big, fat of whatever, our relatives think we might finally understand we need to "stop eating" (as my family says) and do so. Well, it only makes me open my refrigerator and eat some more as I feel I have no support, love for who I am no matter what I look like, or understanding. I know it is not so, but it sure feels like that. Having now lost more than 50 pounds, I finally realize what kind of support I need: not being happy for me when I lose weight and judging me when I don't, I need my family to support me by not eating all kinds of junk food in front of me, not keeping the bread, sweets and other "trigger foods" all over the kitchen where I can see it all the time... I need them to help me keep up with my healthy lifestyle, that is what I call support. But in order to get it, I had to ask for it.

So, 3FC is a good place to find support and understanding as we are all similar over here. Welcome and I wish you all the best!
quince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 03:50 AM   #4  

S/C/G: see WT

Height: 5'6''

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShetlandSheepdogLove View Post
Hi, Trina! I'm new as well, although I'm only 16.

I can relate to the family with their idea of using insults as "support." My parents are supportive of me however, yet my grandparents are just so negative about me losing weight.

I am also the harshest critic of my own body. I've made excuses for myself, felt sorry for myself, and cried over how I looked. I'm learning self-acceptance, right now. And, I'm doing this for myself, and not for others.

I've personally tried WW, and I lost about 8 lb. I had a 3 month subscription, but I only used it for one month (school got in the way) and I gained 15 lb.

Today's actually my birthday, and to celebrate, I'm joining my local Planet Fitness so that way I can become mentally and physically healthier!

I've been looking around 3FC, and I see a lot of inspiring stories and people, so 3FC is definitely not lacking on that area!

I wish you luck on your journey, and I hope to see you around on the forum, too!
Happy birthday, ShetlandSheepdogLove!
What a great present you decided to award yourself with, way to go!
quince is offline   Reply With Quote