Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 06-19-2012, 12:55 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 285.2/285.2/185

Height: 5'9"

Default Back (Again) and Really Need Help!

Ok. I know how to do this. I've done it before. I lost 110 pounds in 2006-07 and went from being a sedentary 275-pound woman to a fit, 165-pound runner. And 3FC was a HUGE factor in my success. It's hard to keep coming back here and then messing up again, but here I am again. I really need for this to be permanent. I need to do it again and keep this weight off. I had a great plan for maintenance the first time -- I was running 35 miles a week! Then I had a baby and gained most of the weight back. Guess what? It's still on me and my son will be 4 in August. Eek!

I'm looking for support and also looking to give support. I actually know quite a bit about weight loss, having been successful in the past (I can give advice but can't take my own, I guess!) and I know a lot about running, especially how to go from walking to running.

I've tried various things, but I always go back to counting calories because that's what really works for me. I just need help sticking with it.
LisaMarie71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 02:07 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 250/220/150

Height: 5'5''

Hi LisaMarie,
I am new to the site and this time I have been on a plan for two months which is working pretty well. I have never had the kind of success you have had in the pass but am willing to let you know what works for me. It took my sons are now 10 and I gained 30 before I realized that I had to truly do something for good. I know exactly where you are coming from and I think the most important thing is this is a life change. I don't mean you'll be eating on-plan for the rest of your life (you could look at it that way) but I look at is as developing a new way of eating so that when the lbs are gone you are eating in a way that is more healthy. Even if you stray a little(or a lot) while in weight loss mode start the next day doing better and keeping going as if it never happened. That's how I see it, now let's see if I can keep that attitude up and you have my permission to kick my butt if I start saying otherwise(it has happened before).
karmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 02:46 PM   #3  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 315/157/157

Height: 5'7"

Hey Lisa!

So great that you are back! I'm a runner too and the one thing I find that REALLY keeps me on track is signing up for races! I sprinkle them throughout the year so I always have a carrot dangling in front of me. Having a race out in the not so distant future gives me a reason and motivation to wake up early and work out. Because I know that the race will be much more fun if I'm actually ready for it. So why don't you sign up for a 5k fun run sometime in the next few months? Then take it from there and sign up for a 10 k etc.!

Welcome Back

Heather
Heather157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 06:42 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 285.2/285.2/185

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heather157 View Post
Hey Lisa!

So great that you are back! I'm a runner too and the one thing I find that REALLY keeps me on track is signing up for races!
Thanks for the welcome back, Heather. For a while I was doing this yearly 10k every year no matter how bad my fitness level had dropped to! And I always managed to run the whole six miles, even if it was at a snail's pace. This year I didn't even sign up. Ugh. My problem is (and I know this sounds like an excuse) my husband leaves at the crack of dawn and gets home after dark, and my son never would stay in a jogging stroller or stay in childwatch at the Y, so I don't really get a chance to run...ever. I've tried my darndest to figure it out and now four years later I still can't get it together. When my grandmother's house sells and I get a little money I'm hoping to buy a treadmill, which will help, though I really miss running outside. I LOVE running (though it feels a lot better when I'm in shape and can run 10 miles at a time!)
LisaMarie71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 07:44 PM   #5  
drifting downward!

S/C/G: (HW 194) 175/168/140

Height: 5'5 1/2"

I remember you! Welcome back! (I used to be more lurker-y, so I would doubt you'd recognize my username.) And I came back after a couple years' absence, too.
Desiderata is offline   Reply With Quote