Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 06-09-2012, 12:30 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 250/210/120

Height: 5'3"

Default Rebooting my weight loss

Before kids, I ate well.
Before kids, I exercised for an hour a day.
Before kids, I was a size four.

Then I went back to college, got knocked up, and was 165 after my eldest was born. Eventually dropped back down to 135 and a size eight. Not bad. Respectable even.

Then I got married and had my second baby, and I gained 40 pounds. I yo-yo-ed for a bit after that, but averaged 160 for the next two years. Still not too bad, but worse before.

Then I moved to NC and gained 70 pounds. I wanted another baby, but I wanted to be a healthy weight first. I quit smoking, started a reasonable eating plan, exercised for at least an hour every day since I had the time again, and, probably sooner than I should have, went off my birth control. The end result? I lost 25 pounds in the first two months... And realized I was pregnant again. This last one was very rough, and included an early miscarriage scare, pre-eclampsia, and a breach baby requiring a second c-section. The only good news was I was back to my pre baby weight of 205 the second week after the baby was born. The bad news was it didn't last. I gained it all back, and then some.

A year and a half ago, I weighed 250 pounds. I had enough. I cut back on eating out. Ten pounds gone. I started eating better at home, and another ten pounds came off. I got my elliptical trainer out of storage and started using it again. Twenty more pounds came off. Then came the first test, a week long trip and summer vacation with the kids out of school. I maintained, a partial victory. Then came gall bladder surgery, the stress of dealing with the kids at the end of the summer, and the disappointment that comes with seeing the weight that creeps back on after I can't stay motivated to not eat stupidly and sit on my a** all day playing video games. Damn you, FarmVille.

As many do, I wanted to make it my resolution this year to lose some weight. I was only back up to 230, so the task did not seem insurmountable. January passed, then February and half of March. I started tracking my calories again, and a week later, added in exercise. With ten pounds gone, I had a hurdle to face; my only sibling had died on Easter. I went from congratulating my self for keeping my candy intake down to only one Cadbury egg to dealing with my grief and being an only child (which, no matter how fun it sounds when you're a kid, ends up being far less than awesome when it actually happens.)

I had to force myself to be selfish and think of ME. I gave myself two weeks to relax "the program" and maintain, not lose. I did it. I'm back down to 210. Yay me.

I'm off for two weeks in the San Diego area to take some classes. I made sure that the place I'm staying has a fitness room and in-room kitchen, so I can keep up with my exercise and not have to eat out all the time. I'm going to be brave and not buy a scale. Hopefully I will continue to see a difference in the fit of my clothing and have a pleasant surprise numbers wise when I get home.

Last edited by Princessmaker; 06-09-2012 at 12:33 PM.
Princessmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 02:55 PM   #2  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 195/195/170

Height: 5'3"

Wow! You sure have gone through quite a bit. So sorry for the loss of your sister.
Wishing you all the best on your weight loss journey.
NEMom is offline   Reply With Quote