Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 06-06-2012, 03:22 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 210/210/140

Height: 5'8"

Default Time to change

Hello world. Im joining this forum because all the times I've ever tried to lose weight the one thing I haven't had was someone to share my experiences with and to get inspiration from. My closest girl friends are a model and a gymnast and though i know they are supportive of me, i know they dont quite understand what I'm going through.

A couple years ago I was 160 lbs. I used to look in the mirror back then and think "oh girl! you could stand to drop a few pounds!" But oh what I would'nt give to be that weight again! I'm almost 24-years-old and though I am young, it seems my body is just beginning to really change... One of the main things it has decided to do is to hold on to every calorie, every ounce of fat. Where before I could lose or gain 10 pounds with the flick of the wrist, Its now a struggle to lose anything!

When I really saw things go downhill was just about 4 or 5 months ago. I quit smoking, which i knew would lead to a slight weight gain, but I deemed it worth it and decided to quit anyways. But then I lost my job. I went from being on my feet 8-10 hours a day, 5 days a week to almost nothing. I go to the gym a couple times a week, but i still notice my pants getting smaller and smaller. Thats when I decided that my eating habits had to change. I am slowly becoming more active, but I can only do so much cardio in a day.

Im hoping that joining this forum will help inspire me to make smarter food choices and help motivate me to become a stronger, faster, better me. Thank you for letting me vent. I look forward to all the tips and bits of wisdom everyone has to share!

Lisa
lisalisa11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 03:33 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 286/262/176

Good Luck Lisa, there are lots of people here who will help you along the way.

Be determined and don't let anything stop you from reaching your goal. There might be some bumps in the road and days when your feeling it's too hard or you went off track. It's ok these days are there to test your commitment and we know you can do it, because together we can do anything.

Keep positive about what your doing as others will see that in you.

Do you have a plan?

Last edited by collingwood; 06-06-2012 at 03:33 PM.
collingwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 11:30 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 210/210/140

I've lost weight in the past with weight watchers... I think Im going to try that again... Though they changed their formula since I was on the plan.
lisalisa11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 11:56 PM   #4  
Shrinking Angela

S/C/G: 210/ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

Good luck, Lisa! You can do it!!! Don't lose sight of what you want!
themusicalfruit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 03:08 PM   #5  

Height: 5'5"

Good luck, Lisa! You have taken the first and most important step...you made a decision to change.

You can do it!
cyndie is offline   Reply With Quote