Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 04-25-2012, 10:42 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 158/158/128

Height: 5 feet 6/7 inches

Default Hi I'm new :) and I'd like a buddy or two!

Hello! Well I'm not new to the world of weightloss, but I am new to talking about it online!

I was once this weight before... actually just a teeny bit heavier; but then I managed to drop to 145 pounds over the course of a year! It was great! But sadly, a broken heart, and stress have caused me to pile it all back on I really, really want to feel comfy in my own skin and buy all the nice clothes I've been eyeing as well as fit into the ones I bought over the year!

But instead of only losing 10 pounds again, I thought that this time I might as well make my dream weight my goal and really give it a go.

I work as a baker (which is wonderful) but means that I can't avoid all those bad foods and calorie count. I mean, my lunches are eaten with my co-bakers and we all sit together and share bread. Actually I don't think that's what is making me pile on the pounds, since I have to run so much with that job!

Anyway, I hope if there's anyone like me, who just wants to eat responsibly and get some exercise going rather than stick to a strict plan, that you'll send a message my way
Firesong3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 11:44 AM   #2  
I got this

S/C/G: 206/162/135

Height: a little over 5'2

PS I lovelove to bake but I would have to have a TON of willpower not to eat anything I make, hehe.

edited- Oh also, you may want to check out the support forum to see if there's any groups or threads that you can join like the 150s group here. There are so many other different kinds of groups, just have to find one that you like! Good luck and again, welcome!

Last edited by amandie; 04-25-2012 at 11:49 AM.
amandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 11:53 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 158/158/128

Height: 5 feet 6/7 inches

Thanks!

And yeah, since I get to eat anything I like free in the bakery, I have to be careful not to eat too much especially since everything there tastes sooo delicious! (that's why I wanted to work there haha) but my biggest problem is late-night snacks since I live near a vending maching and chocolate is my weakness!
Firesong3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 12:24 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 184/184/125

Height: 5'1"

Hi, I'm new as well and pretty much in the same boat as you. Having kids, heartache, and depression have helped me pile on the pounds. I've tried different stuff to lose weight but nothing ever works for long. Hoping that actually having interaction with others will help.
km78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 06:18 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 216/216/154

Height: 5'8

Hiya. I am new too and also a student. Being a mum to 2 girls, one of which is a toddler, and doing a teaching degree is such hard work but I know I need to lose weight. I will be having a proper weigh in on Sunday ,morning before I start my diet but fingers crossed I lose the weight this time. What diet plan are you using?
cherrydamsel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 06:59 PM   #6  

New to this site and hopefully this one will help me reach a goal to loose 100 pounds. East Coast lady, hated Weight Watchers and am finally emotionally willing to do 1800 to 2000 calories a day along with 30 minutes daily physical activity of some kind (walking, yoga, dancing, stair climbing).
Rosa Rosa is offline   Reply With Quote