Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 04-13-2012, 09:10 AM   #1  
God answers prayers!

S/C/G: 188/164/135

Height: 5'4

Default Not giving up!

Hi! I'm Connie.... I am 35 and I have two boys ages 6 and 9...
I love food and I used to be a smoker...
whenever I smoked, I stayed skinny... when I had my first son, i quit smoking and gained weight...but after I had him I started smoking again and lost the weight....Then I had my second son and I quit smoking again, but I also had a tubal ligation done and I couldn't lose the weight...so I started smoking again, but that didn't work, so I quit (I am no longer smoking!).. I used to be able to lose weight so easily and this time I couldn't, so I blamed it on the tubal ligation... I would try to lose weight, but i would give up because I just didn't lose it as easily as before and I figured since I am older (in my 30's) that I just should accept being over weight...

I accepted this until I weighed myself after I quit a job because people treated me horrible (I ate so much there because I was depressed!)... I weighed 188 lbs!!!! I'm a Christian, so I prayed and prayed... God has finally given me the will power that I needed!

I started my diet about two weeks ago... I am now eating fruits and veggies!! I also feel like I am starving a lot because of the types of food I used to eat... I ate three meals a deal with snacks in between... lots and lots of cheeses and breads!! I never, ever exercised either...

I now eat all the veggies and fruits that I want. I eat diet meals or baked chicken.. I eat nuts because they fill me up.. I drink only water (I have been drinking only water for a couple of months, though....hopelessly thinking that if I switch to water that I could still eat whatever I wanted to)
I walk and/or jog once a day, which is very hard for me because I never, ever exercised...

The first week, I lost 8lbs and now I am on the 2nd week and I haven't lost anything! This is usually where I give up.... but *I* believe that God has given me the strength to keep going this time! I also feel that my body is ridding itself from all the sugar that I used to put into and I am not wanting it as much as I used to (don't get me wrong, I really would love to eat a dounut or something, but before I couldn't control it!)...

I am glad that there is a place that I can come to for support because those days when I am depressed about not losing weight are sometimes too much for me to take!
cbressler1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 09:22 AM   #2  
zumbaholic!

S/C/G: 294/ticker/180

Height: 5'7

Hey Connie! Welcome I Jst started his forum yesterday but feel soooooo mug better after traditions peoples comments on here because i finally found people that understand me and I luv it! We all have days we want to give me either because we disnt lose any weight or we gained a pound or two but what I have learned is not to go crazy weighing yourself sometimes you will feel diacouraged but dnt keep that from attaining your goal keep going and kno you are not alone! best of luck to ya hun!
strawleyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 09:26 AM   #3  
God answers prayers!

S/C/G: 188/164/135

Height: 5'4

Thank you!
cbressler1976 is offline   Reply With Quote