Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-03-2012, 11:49 AM   #1  

Red face New fat chick in GA :)

Hey ya'll, my name is Spyke and I live near Atlanta in GA.

I'm 28 in March, and I've been heavy since I was about 10 years old, gaining more and more weight as time went on, having little to no support network to keep me motivated.
I haven't had the opportunity to weigh myself in a long time, but at last weigh-in I was over 260 lbs... This was a year ago, and I know I've gained weight since.
I've always jokingly said if I got over 300 lbs, I'd probably just shoot myself, but this is the reality: If I don't lose weight soon and keep it off, I will remain unhappy and unfulfilled in my life. I don't want this to happen, so I joined this forum in hopes that while I help you guys stay on track, you will also help me.

I've tried starving myself, calorie counting, no carbs, weight watchers, grueling exercise routines, and I used to lift weights. Some of it worked in the short term, but it all ended up being yo-yo stuff. I want to get back into the weight lifting once I lose the weight, I did enjoy that, but I want to be in shape so the muscles really shine through and show off my accomplishment.

I'm going to be trying a dance weight loss system called Zumba Fitness for now, along with regular healthy eating and portion control. Zumba looks fun, and I've watched a video or two of the actual program and it seems doable, so I'll give it a go. If there's anyone already honestly trying to do this program, please get in touch with me, I'd like to know if it's working for you.

Thanks for reading, and I hope to see you around the forums!

~Spyke~
Spyke1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 12:16 PM   #2  
Every pound is a victory

S/C/G: 263/147/?

Height: 5' 6"

Welcome to 3FC!
rainydays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 02:28 PM   #3  
Becoming a BEAST!

S/C/G: 161.6/161.6/120

Height: 5'2.5"

Welcome! I grew up in Ga.
Ekicna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 05:18 PM   #4  
300+ Chick

Welcome! Good luck with your efforts!! YOU can do it!!
Liliann is offline   Reply With Quote