3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Introductions (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/introductions-8/)
-   -   Hello from a fat St. Louis chick. Lost 40 pounds so far! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/introductions/253634-hello-fat-st-louis-chick-lost-40-pounds-so-far.html)

AshNStuff 02-26-2012 12:48 AM

Hello from a fat St. Louis chick. Lost 40 pounds so far!

Hello :) I found this site through googling different weight loss questions, this one in particular popped up the most. I have lost almost 40 pounds so far using calorie count, and I have about 40+ more to go. (Start weight 220, current weight ~181.) I'm just looking for support and guidance through the rest of my journey, because it's sure as **** going to take much longer to get the last half of this weight off!

I'm in a bit of a rut because it's my TOTM and I am beginning to become more frustrated with the slowed rate of loss, even though I expect it.

And while we're at it, why is diet food so ridiculously expensive? I am a broke college student and I come from a dollar menu family :p Haha, I digress...any support would be appreciated and I hope to hear from some of you in the future! Thank you :hug:

Amaranth 02-26-2012 04:57 AM

I am in St. Louis too! I am also a broke college student in need of support, so It would be awesome if we could support each other!

Great job on your loss!

bargoo 02-26-2012 08:22 AM

Welcome and good luck ! You do not have to buy expensive diet food. Eat ordinary, but nutritious low calorie food. Watch the store for sales on fresh vegies, fruit and chicken and fish.

AshNStuff 02-26-2012 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bargoo (Post 4230656)
Welcome and good luck ! You do not have to buy expensive diet food. Eat ordinary, but nutritious low calorie food. Watch the store for sales on fresh vegies, fruit and chicken and fish.

Yes, I understand that not all whole foods are expensive, but some are! I was looking at quinoa the other day and it's $5 for a little box D: Good cereal is expensive, vegan options, etc. (I'm not vegetarian but I'm not a big fan of most meat.) Thank you, though :) I'll try to get more fruits and veggies.

AshNStuff 02-26-2012 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amaranth (Post 4230572)
I am in St. Louis too! I am also a broke college student in need of support, so It would be awesome if we could support each other!

Great job on your loss!

Thank you :) I'm here if you need me :hug: It's nice to know I'm not the only poor St. Louisan here

Amaranth 02-26-2012 08:34 PM

The hardest part for me is to buy fresh things. While they might not be expensive one at a time, you have to keep going back and buying them XD You can only buy a few things at a time, or they will start to go bad, so its hard to fit eating fresh into a time budget as well. It gets even more difficult when you are trying to cut out grains XD

I have found that Quinoa is less expensive at Dierbergs, which usually has some kind of sale on it. While I love Whole Foods, I have started trying to find better places to shop, because there is usually quite a bit of a price difference =/

ctpriss 02-27-2012 03:21 PM

Hi! I live near St. Louis as well! I am calorie counting and am the same was with finding healthy foods. It is tough to do! I have lost 20 pounds so far and I started the diet in mid January. If you need support or a shoulder to lean on, I will be here! The more support the better, and together we can all get to our goal!

AshNStuff 02-29-2012 02:00 PM

Amaranth: Yeah I try my best to get to Dierberg's, but the closest one is still about 20 minutes away. I actually just moved from St. Louis to Granite City, IL :p & I hate that fruits/veggies go bad :/ it makes me not even want to buy them sometimes because it's a hassle. I feel like I have to eat it all in one day.

ctpriss: Hey! Where in Illinois do you live? I just moved here not that long ago (Granite City) but I still visit people in STL a lot. Good luck!

I added both of you to my buddy list btw =]

ctpriss 03-02-2012 12:16 PM

Hi! I am in Highland. It's about 35 minutes from Granite City! I will add you on my buddy list!

Liliann 03-03-2012 08:22 AM

Weigh to go on your 40 Lbs loss so far!! Great job!! Good luck with your continue efforts!!